PDB - modification request - SS Type 209 [1400] ZA 05 (id: 176)

JanMasterson

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
hello,

here are some modification if would like to be made on the new south africans subs Type 209/1400 mod.

the following are details founds on the official website:

hull names:

S101 Manthatisi
S102 Charlotte Maxeke
S103 Queen Modjadji

displacement: 1594
max depth: -250
DP: 31 ( ((1594/30)+9)*0.5)

where the "Nonmagnetic Hull" flag come from? i can't confirm it since i didn't read it anywhere.

Sensors:

sonar is CSU 90 (id 336) (hull mounted and flank arrays)
ESM and RWR is the Grintek EWS [ESM] (id 1606)

no towed array

Mounts and Mags:

since no open source have infos about the torpedos, i would like to have the mount 533mm TT| Black Shark|Scorpene1 (id: 873) for the eight tubes and the Scorpene [CL] v0 (id: 552) mag.

Sources:
http://www.navy.mil.za/equipment/submarines.htm
Jane's Fighting Ships 2005-2006

cheers,

Jan

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mounts and Mags:

since no open source have infos about the torpedos
, i would like to have the mount 533mm TT| Black Shark|Scorpene1 (id: 873) for the eight tubes and the Scorpene [CL] v0 (id: 552) mag.

Emphasis added by HH
Are you needing this specific weapons configuration to make a scenario?

If not, it appears that we would only substituting one loadout/weapon for another. If you, or anyone, needs something special for their scenario (it doesn't matter if you want TLAM/Mk48/USET-80 for the tubes) we'll get it added. But until such time, switching stuff back and forth would only be musical chairs with weapons.

JanMasterson

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
yes i need it for scen i'm working on, basically a south africa vs france in the Mozambique channel.

i'm actually focusing on south african platforms (next will be the grippen, then the super dakota, the A109, the Lynx and the Hawk) then i'll check the french platforms.

so, don't worry, all i'm asking you to do here won't be wasted.

please note that i searched in the entire database to find a mount as close as possible to what i need to not give you too much work ;)

thanks for your efforts,

Jan

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
New additions to the PlayersDB

This sub has been built as a special (personalized) unit according to the request and it has been armed with the specific torpedo tudes, loadout, and magazine.

Unfortunately, it did not make it into the July 7, 2007 release of the PlayersDB. Should you require it immediately, let us know so that something can be arranged. Otherwise, it will be released with the next edition of the PlayersDB.

If there are a number of platform requests like this, we can try to get them all ready for you at the same time. Let us know what your timeline is like and if we need to hurry up or not.

JanMasterson

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
there's no hurry Herman, i'm between the intel collect phase a avery early alpha version so it won't be for tomorow (but i hope to finish it before september).

tyhanks for your support

Jan