pbem problem

Mompariglia

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hello. I tried several times to play PBEM games with DA against Gary but so far I couldn't. When I open the .pbm file the program says "now loading..." and nothing happens. The strange thing is that when I try to play PBEM against myself I don't have problems. There is a sort of incompatibility between my PC and Gary's :nuts:
Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a troubleshooting guide for DA? Thanks,
M

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Marco,

I'm currently playing a DA PBEM with one of the Bluefor tournament team members, and apart from a bug, that I have reported and others reported sometime ago, the game is playing well. What exactly do you do once you get my game file?

cheers

Gary

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Are you both using the same version of DA? Did you zip the game file when you sent it? Sometimes these files can get corrupted during the email process.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
The version issue just occured to me too Don. I'm using version 2.0.3. Marco I will resend the game file to you in zipped format.

Gary

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Also, are you playing one of the original scenarios or a custom battle? If it is a custom battle, make sure both players have the same version.

If none of this works, I would send an email to Jim.

Mompariglia

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
thank you

Problem solved! Gary sent a zipped file and now I can open my turn normally. Thanks a lot Don! Now I can join the tournament. :nuts:
M

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Don, Who would have thought something a simple as zipping would solve the problem. Marco I look forward to your return game file.

Gary