PB Only in OG?

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I know...COWTRA.

But somehow, I am quite sure that 'pillboxes' were setup in inside factories in Stalingrad. It's the game, but just seems so ahistorical to me.

It just seems strange to me that 2 hexes away inside a factory it's just +2 all the time barring smoke.

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's +1 for Hindrance and +1 TEM if the fire is from within the factory. Not from outside the factory to inside.

This is the point I am attempting to make.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's +1 for Hindrance and +1 TEM if the fire is from within the factory. Not from outside the factory to inside.

This is the point I am attempting to make.
That’s probably because of the thick stone/concrete exterior walls as opposed to a giant assembly hall.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It just seems strange to me that 2 hexes away inside a factory it's just +2 all the time barring smoke.
I guess the idea of the designers was in a normal building, the internal cover between one hex and the next is lots of intervening walls/doors from small rooms, whereas the factory is (at least in theory) a large open hall with the cover being provided only by machinery on the factory floor. Once all this becomes damaged and turns to factory debris the TEM and hindrances increase to effectively +2/hex instead of +1/hex. Like all things ASL, a mechanic which may not always account for every reality but simulates the effect.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Factories are remarkably clear at ground level compared to normal ground. The hard even floor makes it more difgicukt to find hiding places.
You can, of course, fortify the hex too to increase the protection.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Factories are remarkably clear at ground level compared to normal ground. The hard even floor makes it more difgicukt to find hiding places.
Finding a hiding place on the clear Factory ground level had somehow sounded easy as pie when his sergeant advised Ivan just moments ago. Struggling out there now, he was about to shout back to his comrades it was to the contrary. But all what they could hear when a German MG-burst hit Ivan's breast was that it was more difgicukt. 🤣

von Marwitz