Pavlov's Dogs Red Barricades CG III

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I am playing two different CG vs two different players, both are high skilled players but with different playing styles.

They have both played the CG III in between 30-40 times the last 20 years, and also contributed to the Leaflet House Rules.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Have now updated the Leaflet House Rules to boost the Russians.

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Day 8 (24th Oct) report is now available, see link above in the first post.

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Day 10 (26th October) report.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The report with photos released.

27th Oct - Day 11 Idle Day
28th Oct - Day 12 German Assault

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
A summary report of the first 12 Days have been made.
The Germans have entered the battle with 18 Coy and have 14 Coy more in the reserve pool.
The Russians have ferried across and sent 31 Coy into combat and have 21 Coy left in the reserve pool.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very surprised to not see much north to south push as I've always found that was an effective way to put additional pressure on the Soviets. Yes it's a little rough starting out, but I feel the effort to clear to the Volga in the north and push south pays dividends especially by 25-27 Oct. If you manage to retain at least some height advantage in the 1st multi-level structure north of the big gully with the road, this position really become advantageous to the German. Thoughts?

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Very surprised to not see much north to south push as I've always found that was an effective way to put additional pressure on the Soviets. Yes it's a little rough starting out, but I feel the effort to clear to the Volga in the north and push south pays dividends especially by 25-27 Oct. If you manage to retain at least some height advantage in the 1st multi-level structure north of the big gully with the road, this position really become advantageous to the German. Thoughts?
The Germans attacked in the Volga sector the first days of the CG, Russian artillery set the area on fire, a fire that consumed the area for three days north of the Fortified Chemist Shop. The Stone building at the north board edge was also rubbled (not gutted), and finally a barrier of 5 Wire is in front of the Fort. Chemist Shop.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
New report for Day 14, 30th Oct.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Report: Day 15 (31st Oct).
Today the Commissar were permantely pulled back from the front line and the leaves fell from the trees.

Weather 1st November: Overcast and Wet.

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Ah, I see you've marked f.ex. CX and DM counters so that it's easy to see which are Germans and which Russian... brilliant!

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The link to the Counter Improvements article.