Pause bug?

rgm84

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Yes, I believed it was bug.

I got this beautiful picture.
View attachment 40867

And I could not order my boats, the game was blocked.

So, it seems, it is because I set the game under full realism mode. :(

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know that there is a great deal of talk about Harpoon bugs, but this one isn't a bug (as you have seen). It would not be fair to blame the game for a bug that does not exist. However, it is fair to talk about all the bugs that DO exist within the game. :)

When you start a game and select a level of difficulty, it cannot be changed once the game begins. :(
View attachment 40869

All discussion is good discussion.

Mgellis

The Pooner (2012)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I believed it was bug.

I got this beautiful picture.
View attachment 40867

And I could not order my boats, the game was blocked.

So, it seems, it is because I set the game under full realism mode. :(
I've never had that happen on the full realism setting, but I've had a few other odd things happen because of it. (Apparently, part of the issue is how communications are handled in H3.) The setting right "below" full realism (Auto Datalinks) seems to solve these problems. It also lets you keep control of your submarines, which you cannot do on full realism once they submerge--yes, it is realistic that once the submarine goes underwater you can't talk to it anymore, but it's very annoying! :)

If you're using ANW, you can set the realism level with the H3 configuration menu. Difficulty settings is part of the Game Preferences pane.

I hope this helps.

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've never had that happen on the full realism setting, but I've had a few other odd things happen because of it. (Apparently, part of the issue is how communications are handled in H3.)
Just realize that 'odd things' like this are not game problems.

When I launch AH-64s (and Longbows) in a test scenario, the game treats them as...well, I don't know what, but it is not treating them as my aircraft. It detects them, as if they were a bogie, and then I cannot navigate them, even though they are my aircraft and launched from my base.

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?/topic/19840-error-report-possible-problem-with-ah-64-platforms/#entry39812

This is an HUD database bug and should not be mistaken for a game bug (which affects all players). This particular HUD database bug occurs because of the database administrator. Of course, he (incorrectly) blames it on the game. Problems like this are pretty much the exclusive domain of the HUD database and only affect users of that database.