Paul Mooney on Fahrenheit 9/11

Marines

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I love Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn I caught an episode a couple of weeks ago with Paul Mooney as one of the guests. During the show they brought up F 9/11 and Mooney had the following to say.

"It was the most anti-American piece of garbage I have ever seen...it was communistic."

For those of you who don't know Paul Mooney is a great comic and a super left wing liberal. I just thought it was interesting to see someone in that business not jump on the band wagon with the rest of idiots and proclaim what a wonderful movie it was.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I'm pretty left (Although apparently not as much as some on here after that one quiz) and I thought it was garbage.

Scout Out

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This last weekend i was invited by some of my liberal leaning friends to see a movie. Upon arriving i'm told that the movie of choice is Fahrenheit 9/11. Well i say "no way am i paying to see that piece of $%!^." I'll go see something else. Then an offer is made to pay my way "cuz it would be good for me to see the truth". Well i know in my heart this is wrong but hey i'm not paying and i get to enter a den of liberals under cover of darkness. Kinda felt like a scout in indian territory.
What Paul Mooney said about it being garbage is being nice. I've seen the homeless pick through garbage and come up with useful items. This film is utter filth.

1. A documentary if your able to turn off the sound, most especially MM voice. The visuals look to be undoctored but the way it is presented and how it is layed out in front of the audience is pure PROPAGANDA!
2.MM makes his money shot off the grief of others. Fliming a mother of a son KIA in Iraq and showing her relive the moment of loss not once, not twice but 3 times is twisted and evil. Watching a sobbing woman racked with emotion is not entertaining. Yet MM is making money off this grief. A mother who supported the War until her son dies. It may actually be about 20min or more of the film. At least it felt like it.
3.Total disrespect of the American fighting man. There are miles of film to choose from. MM picks the must offensive possible, to frame US soldiers in ugly situations to push his message that the war in IRAQ is wrong. Soldiers at their most vulnerable, seeing a dead man for the first time, the aftermath of an IED explosion, Childern maimed by war inferring Americans did it all.
4.Picking out nations of the coalition that contributed no troops and ignoring any that did.

There is much to dislike about this waste of time. Only 1 thing about this film was any good, the music. It did not suk. It was just used as background for the heavy Propaganda.

After discussing my opinion of this film with my friends they know where i stand and do not seem to eager to swap opinions about MM or his movie anymore. Which is fine with me. I just wonder if the truth they wanted me to see was the same truth before and after seeing it.

Oh, i did get a chuckle from all the Liberals who gave their "hoots" and "oh yeahs!" while the film ran. So when the Part came up slaming FOX news i put in my "HooRaa" in support of FOX, i noticed more than 1 head turn in my direction from that one. :laugh:

Thats my opinion of the film. :nonono:
My opinion of MM :crazy:

thx for allowing my freedom of expression in this forum.
:toast:

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm... maybe I do need to go just so I can 'Hoot' for FOX too... I don't really care to watch it, but it would be fun to stir things up...:laugh:

Reaction score
Originally posted by chrisvalla
Hmmm... maybe I do need to go just so I can 'Hoot' for FOX too... I don't really care to watch it, but it would be fun to stir things up...:laugh:
Maybe get a group rate for an NRA outing so we could throw $hit at the screen like at "Rocky Horror".........just a thought.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:thumb: whatever gets the boat rocking... I'm not picky... maybe the GOP convention screaming 'All Hail Michael Moore?':laugh:

flatfoot2

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Scoutout for the movie Debrief , I haven' t seen the Crockumentry yet , and so far i haven't met anyone who thought it was worth anything . Someone else would have to pickup the tab if they wanted me to watch that garbage.