Patrick Ireland

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm cross-posting this from Facebook as I don't think Patrick was active here but many of the people he touched are.

From Robert Zinselmeyer

"This sad news come to me through Ed Beekman and he asked to pass it along to the wider ASL community. Patrick Ireland passed away July 16, 2019.
His loss is a great blow to the ASL community, especially those just joining via SK since he worked with a HUGE number of players from all over the world. His generosity and patience was incredible.

You may or may not know that the North Texas Shoot Out added a Starter Kit event last year and named it after him in honor of all he has done for the ASL community. He presented the award to the Ireland Starter Kit Champion.

Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and/or prayers."

I worked with Patrick to help him create an archive of VASL scenarios. He was a great guy and will be truly missed.

-Sully

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, this is very sad news. My condolences to his family. RIP

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This is truly sad news.

I remember him being present on the VASL server very often and mostly with players with unfamiliar names, i.e. new players he was introducing. I recommended him to quite a number of new players. He put great effort into that SK-scenario database of VASL files.

Rest in peace, Pat.

von Marwitz

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
I remember him being present on the VASL server very often and mostly with players with unfamiliar names, i.e. new players he was introducing.
Patrick was my first teacher of ASL back in 2017, such a good-humored and patient guy. Rest in peace.

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
ASL has lost a dedicated Ambassador. RIP Patrick and Thank You.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Last corresponded with Pat in 2017. He was a tireless promoter of the hobby. Many past and current players were introduced to the system under his tutelage. In fact, several players have told me that he was instrumental in convincing them not only to stick with The Game, but to delve deeper into ASL. His was a hands-on, practical approach that did more to introduce new blood into the hobby than dozens of how-to-play articles.

No doubt he will be greatly missed by his family and friends, and fondly remembered by those with whom he generously shared his time and good will on VASL. Farewell Pat.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I never met Pat but he was an old Dispatches subscriber and got very good props from Carl Nogueira who said he was tireless in promoting Starter Kit and the hobby in general, he will definitely be missed. Deepest sympathy to his family and friends, Vic.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrick taught me in/around 2017 as well. I know he wasn't in the best of health, and will miss his friendly presence on the VASL servers. Rest in peace, Patrick - your watch has ended.

pcourt

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm cross-posting this from Facebook as I don't think Patrick was active here but many of the people he touched are.

From Robert Zinselmeyer

"This sad news come to me through Ed Beekman and he asked to pass it along to the wider ASL community. Patrick Ireland passed away July 16, 2019.
His loss is a great blow to the ASL community, especially those just joining via SK since he worked with a HUGE number of players from all over the world. His generosity and patience was incredible.

You may or may not know that the North Texas Shoot Out added a Starter Kit event last year and named it after him in honor of all he has done for the ASL community. He presented the award to the Ireland Starter Kit Champion.

Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and/or prayers."

I worked with Patrick to help him create an archive of VASL scenarios. He was a great guy and will be truly missed.

-Sully
He taught me the game over the course of a year on VASL. Such a great guy. Rest in Peace my friend.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Epic fail of vM's Racco. ;) I thought there was a Racco tray section for alphabetical by leader name, then crossed referenced to his rank in another tray section...or maybe I misunderstand? We all know vM is an expert on Stazi filing systems. ;)