path nodes wont change from stop to go for units in formation

blond_knight

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys Im working on scenarios for a Soviet Afghan war database Im working on and I m noticing that path nodes wont change from stop to go for units in formation. Example: I place a platoon of mujahideen fire teams, set the formation to line, and create a path where the first node is set to STOP for 2 minutes before continuing. The node doesnt change and they dont move. But if I set the formation to NONE at the two minute mark the node changes from STOP to GO and the platoon starts moving along the path. Setting the platoon to bypass obstacles doesnt make a difference.
Ive tried this in seperate installs of The star and the crescent, and the falklands war so Im thinking Im doing something wrong.
Any ideas?

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The timed stop node is a vestige of BCT. It sill works for individual vehicles in ATF/AATF, but not for platoons and companies. For them, you have to use AI triggers. The good news is it is pretty simple. Just add a "Cancle Stop" order for the platoon or company in question and give it an execution time. When that time passes, the order will be executed!

blond_knight

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Muja ambush

"pretty simple" is something of an understatement, but that worked.
The good news is Im starting to catch onto how to script to get the expected results. Last night I scripted several cells of Mujahideen to hold fire until two platoons of VDV walked into their killzone.
Placing all the units to have good LOS and fields of fire seems more difficult than scripting. One problem Im having is getting to enemy units to stay hidden until theyre ordered to open fire.