Pat Tillman

Saber 12

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any thoughts on Pat Tillman? Currently basic trainee in the US Army, formerly starting safety for the Arizona Cardinals. He enlisted to become a Ranger. Very Hooah! Makes other professional athletes seem even more petty than they currently are.
Any word on his progress? He should be very close to wrapping up Basic & AIT, and then heading to jump school.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Saber 12
Any thoughts on Pat Tillman? Currently basic trainee in the US Army, formerly starting safety for the Arizona Cardinals.
Yeah, he's in for one hell of a pay cut... :clown:

Headshot

Reaction score
my detroit football lions will all be enlisting by the end of the year, itll be the only job they can get

Saber 12

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Headshot, I know what you mean-I'm a Cincinnati Bengal fan:mad:
But I'm not sure if any of the Bengals could earn a Ranger tab!

Don't know if he's a hero, he's only doing what others have already done. But he's definitily a good example of someone with heart & character-it takes alot of both to turn down big money to serve the country. I wish him the best.

Tex

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder how bummed out he'll be if he doesn't become a Ranger and ends up at a desk in some logistics unit. :eek:

Saber 12

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yep, doubt that he'd be happy with that!
But looks like he's going to branch 11B no matter what. He looks like a snake eater too. The guy seems to be driven based on what he's done so far with his life-one of those people that does what he sets out to do.
But he's definitly not your typical pro athlete!