Passengers/Riders and prep fire

elco2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Hi can't quite sort this one out. Working with 1st ed rules here if that makes a difference. If a passenger/rider prep fires, can the vehicle still move?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
D.3 PREP FIRE: Should any vehicle/its-PRC fire in its PFPh, it may neither move in the subsequent MPh nor fire during that MPh or the subsequent AFPh (although Passengers/Riders that have not yet fired may unload in the MPh; 6.5).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hi can't quite sort this one out. Working with 1st ed rules here if that makes a difference. If a passenger/rider prep fires, can the vehicle still move?
A3.2 PREP FIRE PHASE (PFPh): The ATTACKER may fire SMOKE with ordnance/OBA, fire any of his units capable of fire, designate Opportunity Firers, or perform labor tasks. Place a Prep Fire counter on those units which fire, a Bounding Fire counter on Opportunity Firers, and a TI counter on those units which perform labor tasks.

A3.3 MOVEMENT PHASE (MPh): The ATTACKER may move any units capable of movement which, during the PFPh neither fired, nor became marked for Opportunity Fire, nor attempted a labor task. Units are subject to the effect of the DEFENDER's First Fire as they move. The DEFENDER places a First Fire counter on any of his units which fire unless it retains a Multiple ROF (9.2).

Here are the rules references (which Klas has provided before me, but I got called away from the keyboard after I started my reply...).

The answer is no.

von Marwitz