Passenger on an abandoned vehicle

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Can Infantry mount an abandoned halftrack and become its Passenger?

JR

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did they forget the MG?

I don't see why they can't, although they want to consider entering it as a crew.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
An abandoned vehicle expends MP when a crew is attempting to enter, so it should be able to do the same when Passengers attempt to load, I think. MP here is really just time passing.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An abandoned vehicle is a stopped vehicle, it isn't a wreck, it is a vehicle. D6.4 is phrased in a way that permits becoming a passenger.

On a related point, a vehicle is covered with a prep fire counter. It is a stopped vehicle. Can passengers load onto a vehicle that has a prep fire counter? D6.4 says stopped vehicle that has not moved. The vehicle with a prep fire counter meets the literal statement of D6.4.

How about a motion vehicle that expended a stop MP but never "moved" during that turn. Can infantry load into that vehicle and become a passenger? C.8 tells us that the motion now stopped vehicle is a moving target even if it did not enter a new hex in the player turn ... but has it "moved?"

If the best cover in the area is an abandoned ht, a squad can become its passenger if for no other reason than it is better cover.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't see why not.
You can mount an immobilised vehicle and it spends mp when you do.