Parents Sues Blizzard after Death

daemonofdecay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is the next chapter in the sad story of the 13 year old Tianjin boy who jumped to his death from a 24 story building last year, allegedly because he had been playing Warcraft (not World of Warcraft, as Xinhua reported. Thanks to Pacific Epoch for clarifying) too much.

Zhang Chunliang (å¼*春良), an "Internet game addiction researcher", is representing the boy's parents in filing the suit against Blizzard. There is no mention in this story of suing the Chinese distributor of Warcraft, but the story does say that Zhang plans to file class action suits against the whole game industry on behalf of other parents.

http://bbb.typepad.com/billsdue/2005/11/parents_of_dead.html

Hmmm. I don't like where this is going. NO responsibility on the parents side about THIER kids death.

Fly, Jimmy-san! Fly like a bird!

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I predict the boy remains dead, the parents remain inept, several lawyers make several critical personal debt payments, Blizzard likely survives, and the world continues to go on as it was.

And, just as following WW2 lots of babies were suddenly born to due to conditions which lead to childbirth, the current effects of being online 24/7, will in about 20 years see lots of specific genes from the human gene pool getting increasingly rare.

This is a good thing.

madDdog67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You don't lik where this going??? Dude, it's already there. As soon as Ozzy got sued for "Suicide Solution", it was open season for frivolous law suits, and you had to figure the game industry would see their fair share.

As long as there's a judge or jury stupid enough to buy into this crap, these things will keep on coming.

Of course, if we just kill all the lawyers lol...

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Warcraft????...........How could someone kill themselves over that game? It was an awesome game which I still play from time to time..........I have several types of depression and have never had the urge to commit suicide over Orcs and Humans.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know. I might consider killing myself if the best thing I can find to do with my time is a decade old game (actually it's probably more than that).

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
Warcraft????...........How could someone kill themselves over that game? It was an awesome game which I still play from time to time..........I have several types of depression and have never had the urge to commit suicide over Orcs and Humans.

Mark
Deo Vindice
IIRC he thought that by killing himself he could become his character and play the game forever or something like that. :nuts:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the_redstar_swl said:
IIRC he thought that by killing himself he could become his character and play the game forever or something like that. :nuts:
Well I suppose he was at least playing Warcraft III and not one of the earlier ones then?

daemonofdecay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, but the worst thing is that these frivilous lawsuits have spread to communist nations!

I thought only the decadent, greedy Western capitalists could be bothered to sue for idiotic reasons? :laugh:

In Mother Russia, Blizzard sues you!

DevilDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pirateship1982 said:
If GTA can turn kids into gangsters and killers how come Rainbow 6 can't turn me into a special forces operative? It's just not fair! :laugh:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pirateship1982 said:
If GTA can turn kids into gangsters and killers how come Rainbow 6 can't turn me into a special forces operative? It's just not fair! :laugh:
Brilliant!

Archamus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:

Mark
Deo Vindice
I too would kill myself If I could only select 4 units at a time......

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SGT Long said:
Look for the makers of GTA to get hit hard.
A legal case or two around them has been in progress.

liuzg150181

Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
pirateship1982 said:
And Combat Mission games have not turned me into a military officer,and by my merits in Hearts of Iron 2 game i could be a great wartime leader,vote for me! :D

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
liuzg150181 said:
And Combat Mission games have not turned me into a military officer,and by my merits in Hearts of Iron 2 game i could be a great wartime leader,vote for me! :D
Indeed, playing all those Civ games... why am I not an immortal leader of a whole civilization that cannot be removed from power unless conquered by another civilization?

Or, how come I'm not a uber-tough space marine that has been to hell and back countless times with his trusty boomstick. :devil:

liuzg150181

Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
Overseer said:
Indeed, playing all those Civ games... why am I not an immortal leader of a whole civilization that cannot be removed from power unless conquered by another civilization?

Or, how come I'm not a uber-tough space marine that has been to hell and back countless times with his trusty boomstick. :devil:
That's because you havent played enough of those games,now go and play more and more! :devil:
btw "uber-tough space marine that has been to hell and back countless times with his trusty boomstick",dot tell me it is Doom3?

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
liuzg150181 said:
That's because you havent played enough of those games,now go and play more and more! :devil:
btw "uber-tough space marine that has been to hell and back countless times with his trusty boomstick",dot tell me it is Doom3?
Pfft. I probably put more time into Doom I, Doom II, and Final Doom than any other game out there (and I did play through Doom III but I was talking more specifically about the earlier titles).