Parameter Data Question

jaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does the Air Drop Loss percentage in the Parameter Data table indicate the amount of loss from an air drop or the degree from nominal the air drop loss is altered? For example, if the Air Drop Loss is set at 100% does that mean air drop losses are doubled or air drops are not permited in this scenario?

BTW, what is the nominal loss from air drops?

Jim Wirth

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does the Air Drop Loss percentage in the Parameter Data table indicate the amount of loss from an air drop or the degree from nominal the air drop loss is altered?
The modifier modifies what would normally be applied as losses, whi may jump around a fair bit.

There was no modifier when N44 (and S41 - which has a German AB varient in it) we made.

But when I was building Sicily I went to John with a rather complex idea to modifier AB losses, Gliders, vs. Para ect and with values for each side as there is German and Allied AB operations in that game. I could also forsee the need for something like this for MG44 where the day drop losses in the rear, in areas where there wasn't significant enemy troops we done virtually without losses on the drop.

John made a more simplied ver of the idea which worked fine under test.

N44 was set to 100% or Normal losses. Sicily I think we used 200% and MG44 is zero.

Glenn

jaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The modifier modifies what would normally be applied as losses, whi may jump around a fair bit.

There was no modifier when N44 (and S41 - which has a German AB varient in it) we made.

But when I was building Sicily I went to John with a rather complex idea to modifier AB losses, Gliders, vs. Para ect and with values for each side as there is German and Allied AB operations in that game. I could also forsee the need for something like this for MG44 where the day drop losses in the rear, in areas where there wasn't significant enemy troops we done virtually without losses on the drop.

John made a more simplied ver of the idea which worked fine under test.

N44 was set to 100% or Normal losses. Sicily I think we used 200% and MG44 is zero.

Glenn
Okay, the rules say that normal losses are UP to 20% so assuming the "average" loss rate is 10% then my airlift before attrition should equal the historical amount divided by .9. Does that sound correct to you?

Jim Wirth

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does that sound correct to you?
Jim:

All I know if Normal is what you get in N44. I wanted more in S43 and we knew we had MG44 in the que, so Twice normal and no losses at all were needed.

If I was you I would run a little test scn - make sure you put in one enemy unit. And I like to makde sure there is more than one turn so I can cycle through a full turn sequence.

Then, using a test PDT try your result - drop at least 10 unit and do that three times so you get a good statistical average. If those are the losses you want than you have no further work to do. But if you want higher or lower, then fiddle with the PDT value to get the result you want. There will be some variation but three repetitions of ten should do it.

Glenn

Then fiddle with a PDT vale to make it the way you