Panzerfaust use

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A leader uses street fighting to CCRF an AFV that moves next to him in the movement phase. The attack is ineffective and the leader is returned to the building hex and marked with a first fire counter. The AFV stops adjacent to the leader.

In the Defensive Fire Phase, can the leader try for a Panzerfaust?

Please provide rules references to support, as this one has caused some discussions

Thanks

Derek

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I would say no. C13.31 calls out Subsequent First Fire and FPF as NA for PF shots.

Also, from the compiled Q&A, a question dealing with what I feel is essentially the same situation:

A7.351 & C13.31 Does C13.31 supercede
A7.351? More clearly, with C13.31 & A7.351 in
mind, can a Squad First Fire its Inherent FP and
First Fire some other type of SW (including
Inherent SW) during the MPh, then try for
another PF in the DFPh?
A. No. [Letter239]

cohort

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree that it can't. Here is another Q&A that addresses the question.

A8.3 & A8.4 If a SW is not capable of Subsequent First Fire (EX: ordnance SW), can it fire vs. an adjacent/same-hex unit as Final Fire during the DFPh if marked with First Fire?

A. No. [Compil5]

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I agree that it can't. Here is another Q&A that addresses the question.

A8.3 & A8.4 If a SW is not capable of Subsequent First Fire (EX: ordnance SW), can it fire vs. an adjacent/same-hex unit as Final Fire during the DFPh if marked with First Fire?

A. No. [Compil5]
Even more to the point

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note however, a full squad marked with a First Fire counter it may be able to fire a PF during the MPh [EXC: If it had already also fired another SW] as D1F for that SW (i.e. the PF) as this is not not considered a S1F action by that squad's SW. Perhaps the Q&A might have to be adjusted because of the introduction of the newer 1st Fire-SW/Inherent-FP counters as the old rules were predicated on a mark & forget presumption by phase. In as much as the PF is an inherent SW there was simply no way to differentiate if a SW or Inherent FP had been used unlike a squad possessing a MG. However, use of the newer fire control markers is is pure conjecture at this point and though a VERY old Q&A and entirely optional at best (never been published in The General, an ASL Annual or ASL Journal) its use has been generally accepted as common place play. In your case however a SMC (or HS for that matter) currently marked with a First Fire counter is certainly performing Subsequent First Fire.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A squad with a sw would sandwich the 1F counter between it and the sw to remind us that it still had a first fire opportunity. The invisible/inherent PF still gets to first fire for the same reason. The SMC or a 1/2 squad could not CCRF and then fire a sw and therefore cannot fire a PF. Should have used the PF instead in the first place.