PanzerBlitz / Panzer Leader Black and White SS Counter Set

Cundiff

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Old Soldiers Magazine is happy to announce a new and Enormous new counter set for the PanzerBlitz / Panzer Leader game family. To date there have been several small attempts to provide players with counters to represent the German SS. Now, there is an enormous new counter set that provides players with SS versions (in Black and White - non-PC) of every counter from the original games as well as many variant counters from magazines such as Outposts, Jagdpanther, Boardgamer, the General, and many others from long long ago forgotten publications, which even I don't remember, but for which I had paper representations noted in my own games. Also, Alan Arvold has calculated many new counter types to represent the SS as well as the Wehrmacht Panzer Grenadiers and Luftwaffe Infantry units for inclusion in this set. It's a regular tour de force and comprises over 3600 counters.

Below is the blurb I will shortly be placing in the Old Soldiers Catalog:

PL/PB Black & White German SS Counters (et al)
This set of counters begins with turning the regular PB/PL counters into Black and White format representing the SS. All counters in the original game now exist in SS B&W livery. Also, there are new representations of SS units from old magazines such as Outposts, Jagdpanther, Boardgamer, and the General, as well as counters calculated by Alan Arvold for both the SS, Wehrmacht Panzer Grenadiers, and Luftwaffe Infantry to name a few. This is truly an expansive counter set. It is presented in three pieces: 1 for the PB specific counters; 2. for the PL specific counters; and 3 for the counters that are universal to both games. The full set of counters takes up more than 3600 counters and 20 sheets. As such it is expensive, however, it can be purchased in two separate pieces to help players parcel out their costs. Because there is a Universal set of counters, the cost of that part of the counter set can be subtracted from your second purchase, be that the PL or PB set, because your prior purchase of half of the set (again PB or PL) will already contain that set of counters.

PL or PB Set Alone $144.00 (12 shpg points)
PL & PB Set Combined $229 (20 shpg points)
(Secondary purchase of remaining PL or PB Set after purchase of previous set - $85 [8 shpg points])

PL 1945 German Infantry (1 shpg points) $10.00 Discontinued as it is combined with the B&W SS Set above.

So, feel free to drop me a line via e-mail for an address to which you can post a check or money order should you wish to purchase.

As always, my counters are mounted on professional photographer's portrait backing board (which is the same thickness and stiffness - though slightly less dense - good for cutting - as regular counters). They're laminated front and back for durability and for a beatufiul finish. And, with Black and White counters, you have to see them to appreciate how beautiful that laminate makes those counters. You WILL have to cut them out yourself. Die cutting is horribly expensive and as expensive as these counters are, if I had to have them die cut, you could guarantee they'd cost three times the amount I'm charging. So, a little elbow grease and an X-Acto knife saves you tons of money and makes available that which otherwise would never be - which is why this is only now available and was not done 30 years ago.

I truly am sorry they're so expensive. But, costs are what they are, my apologies.

Sincerely,
Tom
Old Soldiers Magazine
Forum: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

Cundiff

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to whoever it was that moved this to the PanzerBlitz/Leader Forum. I couldn't find it. What with these forums changing hands and looks and organization at least twice in the last year I haven't been able to keep up with what is where.