PanzerBlitz: Hill of Death reviews?

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The errata (1/2 page) and 1 1/2 pages of Q&A (as I recall) is now posted on the PB2 HOD forum on Consimworld. Sorry I don't have the link to paste here for you.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The errata (1/2 page) and 1 1/2 pages of Q&A (as I recall) is now posted on the PB2 HOD forum on Consimworld. Sorry I don't have the link to paste here for you.
I have difficulties to accede to CSW.
Would it be possible to post the files on GS?

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Montagu...next time I'm CSw I'll try to remember to d/l the file and post it here...

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thank you, Brian...
Strangely, some important questions have not been adressed in this errata document (but I have the answers, as they were sent to me directly).

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
What about earlier posts that suggested the scenario design was a bit bland, one-dimensional, and boring?
Played 4 scenarios by now and they are pretty much the same in concept : you have a defender in a position and the attacker assaults the position and then both sides reinforce to some degree. But they vary in seize, terrain (well, slightly) and who attacks... It is a bit the nature of the historical setting, there would have been more room for varity with geoboards and different situations. NRBH but I didn't see a campaign game, maybe something for Operations ?

Still don't like the erratic nature of the chits (the command range is nice, like in SASL) but concepts like Opportunity fire and the mechanics like Close Assault Tactics, Overrun and Panzerblitz assault are nice and improved.

cbissett

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Guys
Has anyone worked out yet the chit rules to properly play Panzerblitz 2.
Colin

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi Guys
Has anyone worked out yet the chit rules to properly play Panzerblitz 2.
Colin
Well, I guess the designers think it works fine with those rules...
But I tend to agree, too much depends on this random nature of the chit pulling, just played HOD1 and it all bowled down to the last chit to be pulled : it was German, and so they held the last woods hex and won...:crosseye:

- So, as mentioned before here you could take them out of the game, and that seems to work from what I hear, but you don't have the interaction.
- You could take them out but reinstate the Incremental PB rule (was it from the PB Guide at the time?) but that's a bit tedious with all the different increments and all the counting.
- You could also draw the chits at the beginning of the turn, so everyone knows the sequences, but I still would need to try that out to see how that works.:)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I thought that the last chit drawn was not played...

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I thought that the last chit drawn was not played...
Now if that would have been the last one there would not have been a surprise, the Germans would have won already. It was the last chit to be pulled, there was a German and a British left in the cup.