Panzer/Modern Campaigns Need YOU!

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It has been decided to add a section to support Panzer/Modern Campaigns, BUT we need volunteers to man the section!!

I have offered to help but my time is minimal since I am committed to the Combat Mission HQ.

We need some enthusiastic volunteers to get this section up an running. Some web skills are desirable but not absolutely mandatory! Ideally at we need a Section Leader and an Assistant Section Leader only one of which really needs to be able to update the web.

There are many other things to do that do not req much or any html skill, such as writing articles, running tournaments, keeping the chatter going on the forums, documenting the scenarios from each game so they can be added to the ladder...etc.

I am very excited to have this section added to the club. I think the games are a great match for the content of WHQ & ACG, but come on guy's if you do not want to see the section die a slow protracted death we are going to need some able bodies to step up to the plate. Experience is not necessary, Enthusiasm for the games and a willingness to put that into action(as mentioned above) is the only real requirement!

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can assist Marines in this section as well although I don't have web skills.

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not Dead in the Water!

I would not say you are dead in the water. As I mentioned there is a lot that can be done. I know a big one on the list would be to get the Scenarios documented so W.A.R.S. can be updated. However there is a simple format to this. I would send an email to Don Maddox expressing your interest and what you can do.

Also while we need fully commited staff members, you do not have to be a staff member to contribute!!

I can do basic web page work but I would LOVE to see a staff member join who has those skills as well. If you wish to become a staff member please email Don. It does not matter if you have web skills or not. If you just want to contribute let me know what you have in mind.

We will also see if this thread generates any more responses. Then we can have a pow wow to see who can do what!

It's a start! :D

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
How basic is basic? I mean I can do decent HTML pages with some JS

I might be interested - although my time is fairly limited.

It is not done- then again I don't really have a need for it to be done --- what I got so far ..

www.trauth116.com/index_2.html

I have a fairly good working relationship with Danny :)

Never got any subpages actually done -the links go to stuff basically to test that the buttons worked. . . it is of course a work in progress.

Last edited:

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How Basic is Basic...

Judging by the look of your page you probably have more skills then I. I work with DreamWeaver MX but mostly use WYSIWYG mode and do a lot of cut n paste. I am slowly but surely learning more though! :confused: The Web pages themselves are framed and do not need to be tampered with. Check out some of the other sections and articles and you will instantly see what is preformatted.

Here is Combat Mission HQ:
http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=combat_mission/cm_news.php

Here are 2 reviews I did.
http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=reviews/cc2dfg.shtml

http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=reviews/book_arnhem1944.shtml

Last edited:

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Michael,

I am new to the WHQ but I like the style and classiness of the entire site so I am volunteering what little skills I might have to your effort.

Unfortunately, I do not own any of these games (yet?) as I am primarily a Harpoon player but I hope that this will not stop me from lending a small hand. I have dabbled slightly with the test versions of Dreamweaver and TopStyle programs but own neither. I just downloaded 2 shareware HTML editors, CSELite and EHtml2.2

Will these be appropriate? I am probably behind yourself in HTML ability and way behind Trauth116 but I am a good cut and paste man and can probably work around the basic HTML commands. The forum might resemble other areas but I think that I will be able to help make it functional.

If you can use me, by all means drop me a line.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well I mean this is great for my ego - but it shouldn't be -I think the main difference on my page is that I played around a little using Fireworks (got the MX studio) to enhance my images, and that button menu ( ideally is going to be used all throughout whenever I get to it finally) - was the result of reading through the button tutorail on Dreamweaver.

I know a lot of HMTL coding -but am not an expert; and stuff like PHP and adding databases etc are over my head ( yeh I can probably figure it out - but have never had the need to do that) .

I got all the WWII titles - I don't have a problem with modern battles -as ide from not owning them - I sorta ran out of money and figured I wanted to be able to more fully understand the system on what I already had.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
How much (if any) experience do you guys have with the Modern/Panzer Campaigns series? The intent of having a Section Leader and Assistant Section Leader for each of our wargames is to have a staff member who is knowledgeable about the system and has a degree of credinility with the gamers who would visit that section in question. We would welcome help and input from others as well, however, the two primary slots need to be filled with PzC gamers who are committed to doing something for the system.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am not trying to be a downer, but am trying to be realistic in terms of where this section would be starting compared to what is now available.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
trauth116 said:
I am not trying to be a downer, but am trying to be realistic in terms of where this section would be starting compared to what is now available.
Well that's a fair question. You're talking, of course, about the Blitz Club and the Modern Wargames group. First, let me say that I think these other clubs are very fine organizations and I have nothing but respect for them. Years ago I used to be a staff member over at the Blitz myself and enjoyed my time there very much. Having said that, we have tried never to base what we do in this club on what others are or are not doing. Some of the wargames that we cover are indeed supported by other clubs, and to my mind that's a good thing. The wargaming community is reasonably large and I certainly believe there is more than enough room for all.

What can we offer that others have not? Well, I'm not sure I would phrase it in exactly those terms. Instead, I would say that we will do what we always do: that is, contribute to this particular wargame with our own unique style just as the other clubs do.

I do believe the PzC/Modern Campaigns system is a strong one and should have a place within this community. We can incorporate it into W.A.R.S., host some tournaments, and possibly post a few new scenarios that haven't been seen elsewhere. The gamers themselves will largely determine what PzC will look like at Warfare HQ. Again, to my mind that's a good thing.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I was also referring to Glenn Saunders' resource site, I know this is just me - but I would have a hard time not posting "look what is on Glenn's site now) - all of the time - which I know is not exactly that effective of a style.