Panzer Command: Ostfront announced

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Say something worth replying to in there, and I may just post in your little forum. :yawn:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I guarantee the first post will be someone thinking it is the Panzer Campaigns forum.
Don needs to put up some header art in the forum banners. I woner what the copyright barons have to say about that, though.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say that since PC is already a series it could have it's own forum at any time. If it happens now we don't keep highjacking the CM forum.

I'm all for it.

Good Hunting.

MR

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well its too late now. Mind you, with the rate that things happen around here the forum may be out at the same time as the game.

ERutins

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I certainly do! He's my father and also works here as (among other things) our beta test coordinator.

junk2drive

Reaction score
Added to the features list

Setup Zones

The original PC maps still have the the setup placement limits but new maps can have setup zones added by the scenario designer. Random generated battles on new maps will automatically have a setup zone on each side of the map.
Designers can still make units "fixed" so that the player cannot move them.

As always, the player can open a scenario in the editor and change things if desired.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Added to the features list

Setup Zones

The original PC maps still have the the setup placement limits but new maps can have setup zones added by the scenario designer. Random generated battles on new maps will automatically have a setup zone on each side of the map.
Designers can still make units "fixed" so that the player cannot move them.

As always, the player can open a scenario in the editor and change things if desired.
How many set up zones per side?

Can you move forces from one set up zone to another, or are units frozen within them? Or can the scenario designer make this optional? i.e. Tiger Platoon 1 can set up in Red zone and/or Blue zone, but not White zone.

junk2drive

Reaction score
German zones are blue, Russian are red. In the scenario editor you click and drag a rectangle/square area whatever size you want (in line with the map edges). You can place as many zones as you want and even overlap them. Units can be fixed in place. Or inside a zone, placeable within the zone. Or outside the zone then they can be moved to a zone or left where they are. They are not like CM red white and blue. Units can be moved to any zone.

Random battles have a zone approx. 1/4 of one side of the map from end to end for each side.

Last edited:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setup zones are in two flavors. Those for everybody to set up in and those for just infantry.

Good Hunting.

MR