Panzer Blitz - Red Barricades CG III

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another RB CG? your dedicated Melvin I'll give you that. My ftf opponent and I are on day 15 and his russkies are conducting a night assault. We are on german turn 2, it took us 6 gours to get through 2 1/2 turns but this due to the slow nature of night attacks and pile driving through the night rules.

If you like East Front early war campaigns, I would highly recommend KGS from LFT, I railed against the amount of chrome in that module (something I will regret doing for a long time) but after actually sitting down going over what KGS has to offer, it is actually a very good module that I think you will really like if you gave it a chance.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Have you tried Valor of the Guards?
Sure, spent 200h on the big CG IV, the CG is not for us, several poor design decision. And a map poorly printed that makes you lose interest to possible maybe dwell upon it. Although the scenarios are fun and worth playing despite the poor map.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What were the bad design decisions? I haven't played very much of it, but what I have played seemed fine to me.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
What were the bad design decisions? I haven't played very much of it, but what I have played seemed fine to me.
Wrong thread, this thread should be an RB AAR. If you start up a new thread I will make an 10 point-effort of what we think is overdesign , there is plenty of matter to hand out critic about a 14 year design effort, compared to the Red Barricades design project in less than 4 years; it is not flawless but its design flaws are more concealed and easier to change.

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The CG is over , it was played until Day 10 and after that day it was time to surrender to the Germans, see link above for more details.