Panzer Blitz 2 Art

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I suggest 1 figure, as counter art should be as clear as possible with the least effort possible. And if there is to be no counters depicting "single individuals" then there is no value in depicting multiple images on the counter, when one is as capable as two, but less bussy on the counter over all.

Counters after all, are of limited size, and the more data on them, the harder it is the distinguish other portions of data on the counter.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I prefer two figures. Since each individual soldier is sized smaller than the one-figure version, I find the two-figure versions to be no more distracting or detracting.

Also, the two-figure version seems more "dynamic" to me, more suggestive of a cooperative effort between individuals within the unit.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One suggestion was two figures for a full strength, one for reduced strength. Thoughts?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
One suggestion was two figures for a full strength, one for reduced strength. Thoughts?
Why not, as you are trying to help playing with very visual marks?
I prefer two figures for full strength, btw.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In that case I can see having both the 1 and 2 figures on the counters. I do think the single figure is a little too tall and bleeds into the counter data around it (above and below).

madDdog67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I prefer 2 figs for full strength, one for half strenghth...makes sense, having played another game where they use counters. :laugh:

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As mentioned on CSW (where this debate is being paralleled): what about units that have a stacking value of "3"?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In that case I can see having both the 1 and 2 figures on the counters. I do think the single figure is a little too tall and bleeds into the counter data around it (above and below).
If you look though, both counter art options do that bleeding into counter data thing. The 2 image format is doing it as well.

You guys have made some good counter opinions, but I still think, as these images represent a great many men, not individuals, or even small groups, multiple images accomplishes only a larger over all image requirement. The single image option could easily be just made slightly smaller.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
:) I would go with the single figure to prevent 'clutter' and use a smaller figure on the reduced size. I'm an old gamer from the 70s so 'chrome' is not what appeals to me,...game play is the thing.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you look though, both counter art options do that bleeding into counter data thing. The 2 image format is doing it as well.
True. Where I meant to focus attention was on the single image counter where it bleeds up into the unit echelon indicator more so than the 2 image one. On the lower end it is better blended/hidden as the "men" are behind the icons and numbers.

Edvard

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Wow! Looks like I arrived late to this little party...

I think that precisely because the infantry counters represent so many men, the old international standard symbols are the way to go, but Keith and Brian will know the market trends, and which way to go to make the game as commercial as possible.

If the general consensus is for human figures, then definitely two-figures does it for me. Not so sure about the side-view of the planes either. The old Panzer Leader FBs were fine the way they were...

I hope the game doesn't get over-complicated though, one reason why when I was young I played a lot more Panzer Leader than Squad Leader is precisely because it was fast and playable, so it made for an exciting game.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Dredging this up after months if not years, but the hill art is terrible - at 250 metres per hex, a "hill" in PB would not represent Mt. Elbrus or a jagged peak, which is what that artwork looks like. Something less dramatic would be far more appropriate.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Maybe soften the "folds" in the terrain and make the colour change in the crest lines more pronounced - particularly for those whose colour-vision is not 100%..