Panzer Blitz 2 Art

Mark Warren

Reaction score
Country
ll
Robin,

I think you must have a dodgy browser ;). I see tan german tanks on blue counters and green allied tanks on tan counters.

Reaction score
I believe he meant the counters are blue for German and tan for British. I'm sure the tan German tanks and blue British tanks are for contrast.

lsd16

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay so now that your appetites are whetted we need playtetsters. If you are interested please contact me directly.

dkemge@comcast.net

Darren

Gustav6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Some of the things I liked much from PB/PL was the clear rules and the VERY clear maps (although not very nice). PB/PL maps are some of the few ones that you don't have to guess if this is one thing or another, so I would like that this was kept in the new version.

Also the rules, which have a small quantity of Q&A,s because of the clearness of them. Please, keep them in the same way.

For me these are the two more important things of a game, a good and stable game engine and clear maps. Better graphics enhace the experience of wargaming, but a beautiful game with poor rules cannot compete with the original PB/PL, so...

I am looking forward to hearing for news of PB II, so keep the good work!!!

Gustav6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
By the way, let me introduce myself;

Fernando "Gustav6" Sola, from Spain. Interested in tactical wargames and WWII history.

Greetings from Spain,

Fernando.

ddm_aka_t34c

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PB II Rules

Gustav6 said:
Some of the things I liked much from PB/PL was the clear rules and the VERY clear maps (although not very nice).

For me these are the two more important things of a game, a good and stable game engine and clear maps.
I can't say anything useful about the maps or counters, because I haven't seen anything beyond the playtest kit, but I will say that I like the game that's taking shape. The rules promise to provide a good, solid engine that adds a lot to the system but preserves the essential character of the original game.

The rules add numerous new features but do not, IMHO, increase the complexity much beyond that of the original PB (in fact, I think the complexity level lies somewhere between that of PB and PL).

dgk196

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two thumbs down....

Hello,

Printed out your samples of the maps and counters. Two thumbs down on both

accounts. The maps are just not acceptable, take a look at those posted on

the Imaginative Strategist website for a lesson in how to get it right (IMHO)!

My friend made an observation, in more ways than one, the original PB/PL and

new IM site maps can just about be made out from across the room.

One on the most positive aspects of the original PB/PL games was the

counters, if you go by responses to forum questions related to same.

Whats with the pastel like colors? Somebody give you guys a chalk set for

Christmas? As I said before, redoing a very popular classic is like walking in

a minefield one wrong move and you are history. Don't look know but I think

you just stepped on a mine, should you lift your foot?

Just had to get my two cents in, still I wish you good luck in your endeavors!

Dennis:rolleyes:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Robin,

I think you must have a dodgy browser ;). I see tan german tanks on blue counters and green allied tanks on tan counters.
I see things correctly now. I don't know what happened... I am still using Firefox.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Blimey the things one doesn't know about :)

I googled Immaginative Strategist, and eventually found him (not too hard really).

http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com/index.html

To say the guy has some awesome graphics is an understatement, and I think it is unlikely the relrelease will go far if they don't go as far as this individual has done. Just rewriting some rules isn't going to do it. And I think it fair to say this chap has set the bar.

He offers the graphics as pdfs too. Think I will be investing some time on his site shortly. Best use I have had for a printer in along time.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That site was sort of "interesting" actually.

Man, I downloaded a set of the files from the Imaginative Strategist, talk about a lot of file downloads hehe. I think I will need to visit my buddy with the endless ink system suplly now :) I've been wanting to dive back into my Panzerblitz for a while now, this might be just the ticket.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wow!

Brian you tease, what a dramatic difference from the earlier graphics.
I was a little troubled by the infantry being depited with helmets, although Nato symbols would have been fine.

But the new graphics for both the infantry and the tanks are amazing. Really like the map art too!

From what I gather with the counter numbers, there seems to be a lot of information conveyed. I Love it!

So, When is this baby coming out! :cool:

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow!

Brian you tease, what a dramatic difference from the earlier graphics.
I was a little troubled by the infantry being depited with helmets, although Nato symbols would have been fine.

But the new graphics for both the infantry and the tanks are amazing. Really like the map art too!

From what I gather with the counter numbers, there seems to be a lot of information conveyed. I Love it!
We're trying to find as many instances of useful color/symbology to put on the counters to remove questions. For example, the blue stripe on the Typhoon. Units which can shoot at it will have that color blue involved in their counter somehow. Etc. etc.

Hardly original, but worth doing anyways.

So, When is this baby coming out! :cool:
Should be on preorder later this week if I get off my butt and get it done. ;)

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool, a new version of "Lock-n-Load"! or; Is this a Mark Walker design?

Yes, I'm being silly but that's what comes to mind with these new graphics. They are very nice looking though.