Panther Line - what is in this product?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Panther Line is an update of Tigers To The Front? Is that correct? What do you get in this module? Is there an updated map, plus counters and scenarios too?

Thanks for any feedback.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Panther Line is an update of Tigers To The Front? Is that correct? What do you get in this module? Is there an updated map, plus counters and scenarios too?

Thanks for any feedback.
Whatever is inside this pack is all stored in a "snazzy zip-lock plastic bag".......

Sorry man, couldn't resist......

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is an updated map. The 0 level is more of a green shade and some of the terrain is the newer style. Most of the scenarios are updated (some are ver. 1.3) and there are 2 copies of 1 countersheet.
Matt
ps. yes it was TttF.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
TttF was a blast to play. I can recall enjoying it quite a lot as my T-34s got blasted to pieces by Tigers sitting on the rideg line.
I would be surprised if they have improved the map as it ranks as easily the best looking map I own. It beats out all the MMP CG maps by a country mile.

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TttF was a blast to play. I can recall enjoying it quite a lot as my T-34s got blasted to pieces by Tigers sitting on the rideg line.
I would be surprised if they have improved the map as it ranks as easily the best looking map I own. It beats out all the MMP CG maps by a country mile.
It is a lot easier on the eyes. ie. better contrasts in my opinion.
Matt

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For owners of Panther Line (upgrade to Tigers To The Front), I just discovered an errata to one of the special rules. In Special Rule #6, the reference to Russians should actually be Germans for the two Smoke FFE hexes.
Owners of Tigers to the Front have that correction included already.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'm comparing PL8 and TTTF8 - it looks to me that both have 8 Russian 447 squads, but the 8 on the PL card looks a bit wonky and may be a poorly formed 6 - any thoughts?