PANIC Result for a GUN...omission or not?

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Howdy guys.

Came across this in my playthrough of CG IV VotG, where a Russian 228 and a 45L AT gun PANIC during the Russian PFPh. There are two locations adjacent with GE troops, and I'm unsure how to play this. According to S6.2112 infantry must use FPF, the other option is an armed vehicle (NA obviously), but there is no mention of a GUN. Is this a deliberate omission (i.e. the GUN crew fires on the IFT using inherrent firepower) or an oversight (i.e. the gun should fire Intensive Fire). I opted to go with firing their inherent firepower at the Germans.

Do you think this is the correct reading of the rules?

EDIT
I think I may have misplayed this action, because the SASL rules for PANIC says nothing about FPF fire during a PFPh, just the DFPh as defensive fire. Maybe the GUN (and crew) should not have fired at all? It is kind of moot in this case anyways, because during the GE DFPh, an adjacent FT attack killed the units and the GUN in that hex. Again, your thoughts on this please.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
No FPF (nor any other kind of Defensive Fire) is available during PFPh.

The crew should have fired the Gun methinks. Why would they use their inherent when they have a point blank shot with the Gun - pretty much the best shot they can get?

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
True. As I said I misplayed that because the rule I was looking at was in the DFPh part. The PANIC result happened in the Russian PFPh, so they should just be under PANIC but not fire and risk breaking.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for the responses guys.

S6.211 says a unit that Panics suffers "All penalties for being TI apply (A4.8)", and A4.8 says a "TI unit may not move, advance, fire, or perform other labor tasks anytime during its Player Turn". So I don't think the crew can use its IFP or fire the Gun.
I'd agree with that. I've been using FPF in the EN PFPh against adjacent targets mistakenly. Going to correct that.