Paddy Fields in a Forgotten War scenario

Korbb

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hello,

In a scenario where KW terrain is in effect, all grains become paddy fields (W1.2) and paddy field's hexsides become bank hexides except for walls & hedges.

I'm not sure how to interpret this rule... If I draw the bank hexsides in orange, which layout is correct? A or B?

A.

B.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Footnote 19 to chapter B is the answer. Each hex contains banks.

It should be
noted that the rice-paddy depictions and rules are highly abstracted. For example, the
banks shown on the overlays are just tools for LOS and movement rules; the actual
paddy banks are assumed to be anywhere within the area represented by the paddy hex
(which is why units on a Bank counter are not defined as being on any specific bank/
hexside). Each hex should be visualized as generally containing more than one separate paddy, and thus a corresponding number of different banks.

buser333

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread for a question about Bank TEM. Using the example from post #1:

1. Would a unit being shot in DD5 from CC6 get +1 Bank TEM?
  2. Would a unit being shot in DD5 from CC7 get a +1 Bank TEM?
I would think a Bank TEM would only be available to units actually IN the paddy, but the example at the end of G8.3 discussing what would happen to a unit shooting from K5 (IN a paddy) to a unit in M5 (theoretically not a paddy) seems to indicate that this is not so, and that M5 would get the +1 Bank TEM.

Last edited:

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I first thought that this was a clear "No, DD5 is OG."

However your G8.3 point is interesting. I've never played it that way but I think you're right.

A bank is treated as a hedge....

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re #1 below, I'm supposing you mean "... in DD5 from CC5 BB5 ..." ?
If so, then I think Yes to both for the reason you cite.
Resurrecting this thread for a question about Bank TEM. Using the example from post #1:

1. Would a unit being shot in DD5 from CC5 get +1 Bank TEM?
  2. Would a unit being shot in DD5 from CC7 get a +1 Bank TEM?
I would think a Bank TEM would only be available to units actually IN the paddy, but the example at the end of G8.3 discussing what would happen to a unit shooting from K5 (IN a paddy) to a unit in M5 (theoretically not a paddy) seems to indicate that this is not so, and that M5 would get the +1 Bank TEM.