Ozerekya Breakout.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are at the TM intermission between two and three. We have ordered a tank platoon and a rifle company for the Soviet side. We also repaired a immobilized tank within the necessary movement points of going off board. Can we become CE during the inter-session? We plan to use our new tanks to ferry the troops to the front. Can we take this fourth tank off board and load the infantry unit onto it? Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don's interpretation of the FEB (Forward Edge of Battle) allowed us to go two hexes from our Tac zones into no man's land. As long as there was no interaction with a competing enemy Tac zone. Is this correct? Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don suggested a house rule allowing the German 88 to have a prime mover. I argued that this was built into a deployed forward German 88 AA Gun. He argued that all 88s had a prime mover. The Soviets sure could use wagons too, I pointed out. Tim

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We are at the TM intermission between two and three. We have ordered a tank platoon and a rifle company for the Soviet side. We also repaired a immobilized tank within the necessary movement points of going off board. Can we become CE during the inter-session? We plan to use our new tanks to ferry the troops to the front. Can we take this fourth tank off board and load the infantry unit onto it? Tim
The entire RG must set up all on board or all offboard.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don suggested a house rule allowing the German 88 to have a prime mover. I argued that this was built into a deployed forward German 88 AA Gun. He argued that all 88s had a prime mover. The Soviets sure could use wagons too, I pointed out. Tim
The German guns were pretty much static along the ridge lines and the Soviets had trouble getting vehicles and equipment off their barges.

That been said, if was to use a "House Rule" to allow a prime movers, it would be something as follows:

ANNEX A - Axis Reinforcement Group Table
In Notes Column for RG add the following
G4 - v1
G5 - v2
G6 - v2,3

In RG Notes - add the following
v- Increase the RG cost by 1 TP for a (1) Sdkfz 7, (2) Opel Blitz, or (3) Buessing-NAG 4500 Prime Mover for each Gun.

ANNEX B - Russian Reinforcement Group Table
In Notes Column for RG add the following:
G1 - v
G2 - v
G3 - v
G4 - v

In RG Notes - add the following
v- Increase RG cost by 1 TP for a (GAZ-MM) Prime Mover for each gun.

In Tactical Mission Rules - add the following:
TM 14 b- Prime Mover: If requisitioned with a Gun RG, a Prime Mover is designated to move the gun and then resupply it with ammunition (C10.13). If a Gun’s Prime Mover is destroyed, the Gun immediately suffers from Ammunition Shortage (A19.131) and continues to suffer Ammunition Shortage until it has a Prime Mover assigned to it. If a gun is destroyed, its Prime Mover can be reassigned to a gun without a Prime Mover.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don noted that the Soviet T-34s in the invasion sank on barges off shore. He did not say how many. Soviets never were never very efficient at naval invasions.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Russian Marines had the following:

Initial Landings
563rd Tank Battalion consisted of: 1st & 2nd Companies; each with 10x M3 Stuart Light Tanks, and the 3rd Company with 10x Matilda Mk II.

The barge carrying the Matlidas had its ramp damaged and could not unload the tanks

The following units did not arrive:

Reinforcements to were to arrive 3-12 February but never landed:
62nd Tank Battalion consisted 1st & 2nd Companies each with 10x T-70 Light Tanks

Slated reinforcements for breakout from beachhead
5th Guards Tank Brigade made up with:
75th Tank Battalion, 1st & 2nd Company, each with 10x T-34
50th Tank Battalion, 1st Company: 10x M3 Stuarts Light Tanks, 2nd Company 10x Tetrarch tanks, 3rd Company: 10x Valentine Tanks

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George, We took a week off before we start session three. On the last Soviet turn of session two, a 447 captured building Q6/R7. But did not advance into the other building hex. He remained there after Rumanian turn six. Likewise, the 6+1 created by the close combat in building Q advanced into building hex of R7. This leader was broken in the Rumanian prep fire of turn six and low crawled away. Now Don interpretation of the intersession rules is that both these units are isolated and must roll for redeployment back into Soviet lines. Is this accurate? We have taken both the Factory and building Q. Tim

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
An Isolate unit MAY redeploy; not MUST redeploy. So if the isolated unit is in an Isolated TAC, it may remain but suffers Low Ammo see ConPh D5.13a.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George, if my Soviet unit occupied the building on the last turn of the session, but only occupies one of the building's four hexes. This is two hex building, and has no known Rumanian units there. Do I control the building for the next session. Or only the hex which I occupied. My ally argues that this unit is isolated, and cannot be reinforced. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I had had another turn, and I had searched the building would I own the building in that case?

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So in this case we do not control building R7/Q6. We can remain, but in an isolated status. In the case of the Factory, where we can see that there are no enemy units there, do we control that building? Or would a turn seven been required for a mopping up to be completed akin to building R7/Q6? If we do not control the Factory, then we obviously can neither place units or Guns there. Now in the case of a single story structure does a simple occupation of it establish it as a TAC zone? Tim

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Tim,

Some of your questions are basic ASL rules questions, that is where the answer lies.

Look in A26.14 BUILDING CONTROL: and other places as well (i.e. A26.11 GAINING CONTROL).

Seems you are misinterpreting a lot of basic rules.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So in this case we do not control building R7/Q6. We can remain, but in an isolated status. In the case of the Factory, where we can see that there are no enemy units there, do we control that building? Or would a turn seven been required for a mopping up to be completed akin to building R7/Q6? If we do not control the Factory, then we obviously can neither place units or Guns there. Now in the case of a single story structure does a simple occupation of it establish it as a TAC zone?
Controlling the building may have no relevance for the campaign game. Many CGs use Location Control, especially city battles. I believe Suicide Creek uses hex control. I can't comment on how this one works as I don't own it.

JR

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JR, In this game both buildings and foxholes become TAC zones establishing forward edge of battle. Tim