OZEREKYA BREAKOUT - RG SETUP

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D5.35 REQUISITION FORTIFICATIONS note F says “This fortification may be setup <= 2 hexes from enemy FEBA.” It applies to converting a 3S foxhole to a Trench (?), dummies, HIP units and fortified buildings. Does this mean you do not have to pay the TP cost of +1 for setting up RGs <= 2 hexes from the enemy FEBA as required by D5.32?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
D5.35 REQUISITION FORTIFICATIONS note F says “This fortification may be setup <= 2 hexes from enemy FEBA.” It applies to converting a 3S foxhole to a Trench (?), dummies, HIP units and fortified buildings. Does this mean you do not have to pay the TP cost of +1 for setting up RGs <= 2 hexes from the enemy FEBA as required by D5.32?
Still have to pay the +1 for setting up RG <= 2

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still have to pay the +1 for setting up RG <= 2
R: Then does it mean that all other fortifications must setup > 2 hexes from the enemy FEBA which would seem to contradict D5.31a) REQUISITION REINFORCEMENTS which says “Any Reinforcement Groups that are requisitioned for on-map set up must set up within the friendly TAC/FEBA.”

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Fortifications use DSP (Defensive Stores Points)
RG uses TP (Tactical Points)

Fortifications must follow the <=2 / >2 hex rule as noted in "F" (no extra TP are required)

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fortifications use DSP (Defensive Stores Points)
RG uses TP (Tactical Points)

Fortifications must follow the <=2 / >2 hex rule as noted in "F" (no extra TP are required)
Since Fortifications are listed under the RG table and purchased with TP I viewed them as RG which follow all the rules applicable to RG, which means you could set them up anywhere in a friendly TAC or FEBA, even if less than 2 hexes away from the enemy FEBA. Note F seemed to imply that you could set the fortifications up even outside a TAC <= 2 hexes from an enemy FEBA. However, this would have violated rule D5.31(a) and why I questioned what Note F meant. The <=2/>2 hex rule for fortifications is an implied and not expressed rule from reading note F and could be easily overlooked when selecting fortifications that do not reference this note. If I placed a wire in a Tactical Location that is 2 hexes away from my opponent’s Tactical Location there is no note referenced for that fortification type that says I cannot do this. Shouldn’t there be a more definitive general rule in D5.35 that all fortifications must be placed >2 hexes from an enemy FEBA unless otherwise noted?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In later TM Fortifications Notes, this confusion is addressed.

But for now, I'll bring up the age old ASL Acronym: COWTRA = Concentrate On What The Rule Allow