Ozerekya Breakout (OzB) CG

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Soviet commander asked me to ask ofvthe lend lease Stuart's have canister?
Please read TM17 - Lend Lease which gives you the answer directly

George, Are the roads unpaved in this area? Maybe I just missed it. Tim
The map appears to be quite clear with regard to being paved or unpaved... Both are represented on the map and are consistent with the representations in the rulebook in terms of colour. A glance at TM12 might help or perhaps we should ask our expert Paul if the Russians in fact used paved roads in WW2?

Am I the only member of the forum that is becoming suspicious of this thread?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One must follow the vehicle notes:

1. Russian Stuart (Vehicle Note 48) uses Lend Lease Vehicle notes;
2. Which states British Lend Lease vehicle use British Vehicle notes;
3. therefore, a British Stuart has Canister only available in 1944-45.

So as the TM date February 1943, that ends all discussion on Canister availability to the Russians.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are almost no paved roads in Russian outside of large cities, according to Don Deibler. No, none of the Russian forces are Guards. So then the Russian Stuart counter is wrong in regard to canister, or at least until 1944 and 1945. Lt. Col. Bill Smith will be disappointed. He will have to make due with HE.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One must follow the vehicle notes:

1. Russian Stuart (Vehicle Note 48) uses Lend Lease Vehicle notes;
2. Which states British Lend Lease vehicle use British Vehicle notes;
3. therefore, a British Stuart has Canister only available in 1944-45.

So as the TM date February 1943, that ends all discussion on Canister availability to the Russians.
sound reasoning for the SSR (TM) 17 - which eliminates it completely for this CG - but not from consideration as a an ammo that might have been avail to M3A1s in Soviet service at all. (asthis post notes as a specific question not related to the HASL or it's SSRs).

I'll save "Nebel" the trouble and simplyreport it myself for him, since he seems rather perturbed it drifted off of what specifically applies to the HASL itself and into a realm of answering the question if Russians / Soviets ever used canister at all...

Edit:
There, reported it for you, as some may feel that question linked above does not belong in an AAR thread ( I do NOT feel that way, but some seem to).

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'll save "Nebel" the trouble and simplyreport it myself for him, since he seems rather perturbed it drifted off of what specifically applies to the HASL itself and into a realm of answering the question if Russians / Soviets ever used canister at all...
Too be clear imho - Paul's analysis and contributions to this forum are unsurpassed. I was making light of the continued theme of the thread to try to use historical accuracy and logic to answer rules questions. Most ASL players soon learn this is a dark and stormy path :cool: