OWT Question

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Howdy,

We're playing a CG of OWT and just finished the first scenario. The CG VC award points to the Japanese player for "controlling" level 4 hexes.

Does "control" in the CG context mean that the level 4 hexes are in the Japanese set up area? Or is it the standard scenario based control of being the last side to be in the hex.

We got a buncho' level 4 that the sons of Nippon were the last to pass through, but ended being no-mans-land once set up areas were drawn.

We figured it up both ways. A strict reading of the rules would make me think its the standard scenario based definition, but I'm more than a bit rusty on the CG gig...

Jazz

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jazz,

Unless OTW specifically re-defines it (and I don't think it does), then it is hex control. Setup areas are a differnt matter.

Its a good campaign. I played it once as the Japanese and it was very tense and enjoyable.

I lost, but it was fun. (boy, how many times have I said that?)

Sam

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am also playing the CG and about to end the first scenario. Since seeing your post, Jazz, I read and re-read the rules. Have to agree with Sam and your thoughts that control is not re-defined so it is the same as usual.

Keith

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am also playing the CG and about to end the first scenario. Since seeing your post, Jazz, I read and re-read the rules. Have to agree with Sam and your thoughts that control is not re-defined so it is the same as usual.

Keith