OVR vs infantry in open ground hex with wreck

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
D9.3 "All Infantry in the same Location with a wreck/friendly-AFV/abandoned-enemy-AFV are entitled to a +1 DRM unless one or more of the following applies: they are being fired on from within that same Location."

D7.15 "an OVR vs Infantry/Cavalry in any Open Ground hex may apply the FFMO -1 DRM, cumulative with applicable TEM (e.g., entrenchment, Emplacement, shellhole, vehicle/wreck,, bridge, wall, bocage, etc.)"

Against enemy infantry in Open Ground with a wreck, is wreck TEM applicable, or is the infantry being attacked from the same Location, making the wreck TEM n/a?

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure seems that D7.15 intimates that the wreck is taken into account. I would guess that the criteria here is that they are not being "fired on" per-se but are being Overrun (a little double speak perhaps). Now I think that if the vehicle had moved into the hex and had not announced an OVR but simply fired upon the enemy infantry, they would not be entitled to the wreck TEM.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Isn't there a Q&A on this?

Seem to recall this question came up not so long ago.

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Direct Fire requires a LOS. Is an OVR considered a form of Direct Fire?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Direct Fire requires a LOS. Is an OVR considered a form of Direct Fire?
Neither OVR nor wreck TEM mentions "Direct Fire," so I'm not seeing how that can be applied. On the other hand, I believe that under all situations where an OVR can occur a unit has LOS to its own Location. The only exception I can think of is a cave with +3 SMOKE IN it.

JR