OVHS - Turn One of CG, Canadian Creeping Barrages:

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We don't have any OVHS errata up on our website yet.

If we did, then your friend could not access it (independently of you).

If we did, they you would still be free to ignore it.

...Perry

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry,

you wrote:

You are free to ignore official errata as well.
where is this errata? Maybe i am missing something here.

Please help me out, we start on Saturday and i need to know!

Thanks,

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TankDawg said:
Perry,

you wrote:

You are free to ignore official errata as well.

Thanks,
You are free to ignore errata of any kind, whether official or unofficial or a house rule dreampt up by Sam Belcher. (Hi, Sam. Picking on you again.)

You seem to want to ignore what I and the designers have said on this subject so far. Absent a posting on the website (easily ignorable), what more do you want right now?

You seem not to want to post a question to the official ASL Q&A service.

Perhaps I am missing something.

....Perry

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry, let me explain it to Tankdawg.

I'll type slowly...

There is no "official" errata yet. But you've already said you would ignore it and play the way you want to, so what do you want from Perry?

Perry and others have explained that the initial barrage can come "late" and that is the designer's intent. You've said you're going to play it that the barrage starts on turn 1 - no matter what.

You have a "Perry Sez" - that's as official as the errata is at this moment.

So, get in there and launch your attack. OBA or not just go. In this case, only cardboard is at risk.

Sam "Perry picks on me!" Belcher

huskerfan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SamB said:
Perry, let me explain it to Tankdawg.

So, get in there and launch your attack. OBA or not just go. In this case, only cardboard is at risk.

Sam "Perry picks on me!" Belcher
[goof mode]Sam... are you trying to tell me this is ONLY A GAME!?!!??? Egads man, do you realize what you are saying?

[sounds of hyperventelating]

(I can afford to sound stunned, as I own OVHS and can follow along with this discussion but have my ASLRB in the mail - sort of a horse WAY in front of the cart thing)[/goof mode]

It does state in the SSR in 1.2 "Any creeping barrage still active will automatically lift at teh beginning of Turn 6."

Is it usual to have creeping barrage last for 6 turns? I barely remember OBA rules...

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boy,

Am I being mis-understood. Here is my point:

MMP should strive to do a better job of colating and posting errata in a day and age that facilitates easy distribution of information.

I will kick my German opponent's butt regardless of when the barrages start. That is NOT my point.

What is my point:

The hap-hazard, willy-nilly method of getting errata out there is totally unsatisfactory. Especially for those that do not frequent these boards or MMP's website.

Dozens are playing OVHS as we speak with the Barrages coming in on turn one. My opponent who still fears the internet :lol: does not see the random 'perry sez' here and there.

Why oh why can't someone at MMP just send a weekly (or monthly or even quarterly) update to the MMP webmaster who posts it? Geesh, the web admin here even volunteered an entire folder exclusively for Perry if he wanted it for a compilation.

Instead, on the MMP website, we have a compilation from April of 1999! and still don't have a fix to Platoon Movement 3 years after the ASLRBv2 came out. (but no matter, since no one, including newbies can buy it)

Its as if we are still in 1978 relying on scraps from AH for errata and updates every 3 years rather than every 3 days on the Internet.

Heck, Sam knows HTML, have him post it to the website every other week. :wink:

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[Post edited to reflect edits in other posts]

I think it only seems like three years since the 2nd Edition came out.

The MMP website on Q&A/errata needs some re-formatting and we are accumulating some more errata that will need to be promulgated.

But we just published some errata in J4 and that is up on our website.

OVHS is not, IMO, a problem. There is very little confusion over it, very little errata or clarification is needed. We are still waiting to see if some more accumulates before posting/publishing it.

No Platoon Movement fix? I must have misplaced my magic wand! We are working on errata to that rule, and it will get changed, but is has been essentially the same rule for 17+ years.

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Woha!
Guys, calm down!
The way I see it, it's just a misunder standing, as Perry wrote
You are free to ignore official errata as well. Plenty of folk do.
Jeff misinterpreted it as that there is some Errata for OVHS

And then all of a sudden the two of you got into a real argument that is definately not necessary. So please calm down, OK?
Thanks
Klaus

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klaus,

You are right. We should not get this worked up. I will edit the above post.

this is not about HoB and MMP. Just over frustration of how errata is distributed.

My bad.

huskerfan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just glad that this game is still out here, still being played, still being fine-tuned, still being enjoyed!