Overlays to get more use from seldom-used boards?

Would you purchase a scenario pack that included overlays instead of boards?

• Hell yeah.

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder what if anything useful might be done with the river boards. Turn 'em into valleys? Swamps? Hills? Lakes?
Maybe, but by the time you do that, maybe just do a new board. those long overlays don't seem to get much action. I did the reverse of this - board 52 (city) has a River overlay that goes from one end to the other, but that overlay has never been used.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don - here's an idea (for free, even). Take any of the four sections separated by Streams on board 36 and turn it into a Village.
You're welcome.
OK, Tom. Your wish was my command again. Here's a few sketches for Board 36 - all PTO.

A-I range - 3 versions , and the N-Z (irregular shaped) a PTO Village.

1) PTO Village w/+2 hill, 2) PTO Plantation, 3) PTO Village w/ +1 hill, 4) PTO Village w/stream

Last edited:

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool!

I sketched a whole bunch of large / rectangular / half-board type OL's for several existing boards. Here's some more (sorry for poor resolution here):

Board 6 - center / replacement of Chateau (Normandy village):

Board 34 - PTO village (we need this type)

Attachments

Last edited:

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Exactly! To bring him to his knees, you just have to shove a lot at him all at once.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps ass back word, but what about designing a board for one of the large river overlay or for railroad overlays. It’s tricky trying to make the RR overlays form a nice station board so would it be easier to make a new board with a layout that would automatically accept them? You could have a series of row homes in alignment that would be covered over my the RR overlays and completely change the original board.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps ass back word, but what about designing a board for one of the large river overlay …
City Board 51 accepts the long Stream OL #1. That is exactly what the board was designed for.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Tom! Nice rendition here.

Would be nice if MMP produced a series of larger, rectangular, easy to place OL's.

As someone long ago famously said 'I got a million of em!'