Overlays for Red Barricades from Red October

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have these been created? If so where are they I do not see them in VASL Overlays folder.

Have these been placed on the RB map - say a RB map with overlays or something?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have these been created? If so where are they I do not see them in VASL Overlays folder.

Have these been placed on the RB map - say a RB map with overlays or something?
If you choose the RB map, inside the terrain SSR (RB terrain transformation), there are 17 terrain changes listed. I am assuming that is the overlay changes.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most of those are gutted factories. What I was looking were the RB Map Update Overlays that cam with RF. Some additional building with at least one additional gully to the river.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Click the Overlays button, select RB - Red Barricades.
So I am just ignorant on the current VASL. When I choose the board, I have the following dialog window. I don't see an "Overlays" button, although there is the "Add overlays" button.
I select Add overlays and I get the below, which will not work unless I have the overlay file.
When I go to the VASL Downloads area, there is no RB overlay file there.
I click on Terrain SSR and I get this, which has no "Overlay" button to push and the RB Terrain Transformation only has the Gutted Buildings. Is there something wrong with my VASSAL/VASL setup?

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i use VASSAL 6.5.0 and VASL 3.2.17.

The overlay button is on the top row of the main screen. It is located between the Casualties Bin and S-DR (which is the last button on the top row). I did have to download the extension VASL Overlays v 2.3 to get the RB overlays. That gives you historical overlays.

They are easy to use just match them to the RB map. For other overlays it is a little difficult to see the numbers 1 and 2 on them, but it is not hard to place them also.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, that got me where I wanted to go. You have to have the VASLOverlays_v2.03.vmdx installed in order to get that Overlay menu item. Once I installed that, I was good to go.