Overlay X6 Scenarios

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any use this one? Stumbled upon this rule, but I would think designers should point this out in an SSR if they use X6.

G.9F Overlay X6 represents a small temple. It is treated as a normal Single-Story stone building [EXC: its non-Bypass stacking capacity is reduced to one squad-equivalent (Overstacking can still occur), and no vehicle may enter the building itself].

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
There are only three official scenarios (that I can find) that uses overlay X6.

71 Jungle Citadel
G28/148 Ramsey's Charge
A47/159 White Tigers

A47 has a reference to G.9F. 71 (Code of Bushido version) and G28 does not.

All three, in their Rising Sun incarnation have an x-ref., E.g., "X6 (see G.9F) on 35oJ8;"

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dispatches Scenario DB095 Spare The Pagoda uses overlay X6.

I remember using the funky rules for X6 during play test.

Tom

buser333

Reaction score
Not sure I would've remembered this rule when playing ASL71, but thankfully nobody ever stepped foot in that building.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
If you are testing a scenario using this overlay, you might be a Stone Temple Pilot...
Now I’m gonna have Vasoline’s guitar riff in my head all day. Thanks.

I just think it’s funny that this overlay has specific rules in the main rulebook. Historical oddity, would clearly be handled by SSR now. I appreciate the consistency MMP has brought to such things (though I wish they’d gone further in the rulebook).

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am still waiting for a scenario with the WoA beduin camp overlay.
LFT have done a couple using that overlay. One is FT04, "Return to the Start Line," but the overlay represents Mongolian yurts in that one. The other LFT scenario is their "for fun" scenario "Tea for Two," where it actually is a bedouin camp.

charlie

Reaction score
Country
ll
LFT have done a couple using that overlay. One is FT04, "Return to the Start Line," but the overlay represents Mongolian yurts in that one. The other LFT scenario is their "for fun" scenario "Tea for Two," where it actually is a bedouin camp.
The irony: I have in fact played Return to the Start Line. The frailty of memory in age . . . It was on VASL so I can even attach a picture of the famous yurts. They weren't at the centre of the action as you can see, but they were there.LFT-04.jpg

leatherman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
By the way, what is the cost for a truck to enter a Bedouin Camp: a) 1 (F12.45: "entry cost of one MF/MP for all units"), b) 5 ("treated exactly like in-season grain") or c) 6 (a+b) ?