Overlay X23 placement error in VASL

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When setting up ITR-17 The Devil's Factory, Overlay X23 is not placed in the correct place (according to the scenario card image). SSR3 states "J11-J12", but VASL places the overlay two hexes away.

I get the correct placement by entering I10-I11. I'm told J11-J12 is correct for the actual overlay.

Not sure what the problem is, but I wanted to let you know.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Sean, what luck, if any, have you had with draggable BFP overlays? I'm all kinds of problems with them.
BigAl says he's going to have a look at them tonight, but I'm wondering about what kind of problems you're having, and whether you are having trouble with them?

Yesterday I attempted to install overlay RC-1. When I brought down the overlay from the "overlays" listing, I ran into two problems:
1) When I tried to enlarge the overlay, I got an entirely different overlay.
2) When I released the overlay, it stuck right where it was (up in my beautiful setup!) and would not respond to a delete, or a clone, or any kind of command whatsoever.

Last edited:

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just learned about the overlay extension, so I tried it and was able to correctly load the BFP R2 overlay for that scenario.

However, the extension does not include all the building (X) overlays, just the DTO ones. So I had to load X23 the old-fashioned way and then estimated the two-hex offset to get it placed right.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Sean, I need you to try deleting BFP R2. Let me know what happens.

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing happened. It stayed on the map even though the overlay placement window acknowledged it was removed.

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI, after closing/restarting VASL and reopening the scenario file, the BFP R2 overlay is gone.

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never mind (regarding the X23 overlay placement problem). I updated my ovrX file and it's fixed.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New extension version with all the buildings will be out soon...I hope Monday.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sean, what luck, if any, have you had with draggable BFP overlays? I'm all kinds of problems with them.
BigAl says he's going to have a look at them tonight, but I'm wondering about what kind of problems you're having, and whether you are having trouble with them?

Yesterday I attempted to install overlay RC-1. When I brought down the overlay from the "overlays" listing, I ran into two problems:
1) When I tried to enlarge the overlay, I got an entirely different overlay.
2) When I released the overlay, it stuck right where it was (up in my beautiful setup!) and would not respond to a delete, or a clone, or any kind of command whatsoever.

I can't duplicate issue 1. It works fine on my end. Please see if this problem persists for you with the updated VASLOverlays extension. If so, let me know.

Issue 2...you must ALT+click to reselect a placed overlay. And for what it's worth, the VASL undo function is a life saver sometimes.

Al

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
I can't duplicate issue 1. It works fine on my end. Please see if this problem persists for you with the updated VASLOverlays extension. If so, let me know.

Issue 2...you must ALT+click to reselect a placed overlay. And for what it's worth, the VASL undo function is a life saver sometimes.

Al

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
....oh,
...shite!...

Thanks for the instruction. My bleeding fingers (from redoing these setups) thank you also.