Overlay X20?

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correction - not differently, but close to the hexlines so that the adjacent terrain isn't obscured

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, then cut as you would like. I just like to keep them cut closely.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could this overlay be used in a future design? If so, cutting closer than specified by the rules may not cover a wall or hedge that the designer wants covered. Correct?

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario archive has three scenarios that use it on board 45, two from LFT and the other from HazMo. But it does look like no official scenario does yet.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hm, I think there is an "official" one, but I can't remember the name.

The Germans are defending the "big building" at the head of the square. I think it is Americans attacking from the opposite direction. The Germans have a HIP Panther that likes to linger in 45P2.

I remember, because I had that hunch and fired AP (or APCR) into the 'empty' hex, declaring the VTT. I got a low roll and a turret hit, which destroyed the HIP Panther much to the chagrin of my opponent. Great times! 🤣

von Marwitz

Edit:
My answer referred to bd 45, not overlay X20. Misunderstanding from my part, sorry.

Last edited:

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don’t forget the 15 Fort-Boards, 3 variant boards (e.g. 10X, 17X and 25E) plus 15 or so SK boards— all of which have folds.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ah I see.
At least, MMP thought it was a problem and send a non creased X20 overlay.
I could have lived without it myself - but perhaps would a creased overlay not adjust optimally to a board?

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
Ah I see.
I could have lived without it myself - but perhaps would a creased overlay not adjust optimally to a board?
Yeah, the crease was rather awkwardly placed along the edge lengthwise which would have made it a bit of a challenge to get to stick down and align nicely (though one could probably bend it back enough to flatten):

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't understand...are you saying that MMP sent you a non-creased X20? I did not get one...

And for those of you saying that a creased one-hex wide overlay is the same as a creased map...uh, it's not...

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
Don't understand...are you saying that MMP sent you a non-creased X20? I did not get one...

And for those of you saying that a creased one-hex wide overlay is the same as a creased map...uh, it's not...
I suspect that if you don’t intended to ever get J13 which includes a non-creased X20 that you could email MMP customer service and get them to mail you a replacement X20.