Overlay ft07 on board 35 (scenario FT237)

Robertleclerc

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have been trying desperately to position this overlay correctly but without success. Since there is only 1 coordinate to enter during placement (old method), I can’t get the right alignmen. It seems to automatically rotate the overlay depending on the coordinate entered when it is close to board edge.
I looked to use the extension overlay method, but ft07 is not in there unfortunately.
Definitively need help here. Thanks.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't have access to the scenario card so I can't fully test it, but if I create a game with just bd35 and then try and place the overlay it works fine. Perhaps try that to see if you can place the overlay using just bd35 then redo using all the boards

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just tried as well. I have the FT overlay file, but I can't find the FT overlays in the overlay button, and when using the old method to place the overlay, it is backward.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The VASL overlay doesn't have a logo so I can't figure out where the hell to put it. I think trial-and-error might help you figure out how to get the orientation correct. Try something like A1 or B1 then Q10 or P9.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I actually did that, but the problem is, if I put in R1 which puts it in the right place, it is still backwards. It needs to be rotated 180 degrees, and it can't be selected by the usual alt left click method, because it has be placed by hex coordinate. I think the big problem, is for whatever reason, not being able to grab the attachment from the overlays extension and place it directly on the map. For some reason it doesn't show up there.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The overlay extension is a totally different construct and there is no reason to expect an overlay to be in both. Al has just today released a new version of the overlay extension. I am not sure exactly what he has added to it.

The problem seems to be with the "old" overlay. It needs to be corrected.

Or the overlay extension could be modified to include FT07.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for explaining! I thought that the overlay extension was just supposed to grab any overlay tuat was put in the overlay folder.
Looks like this one is unplayable until the FT overlays are added to the extension. @Robertleclerc

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It’s not in the Overlay extension. I don’t have FT7. Is that from an LFT product? If so I’m pretty sure they have their own VASL guy.

If you’re familiar with a raster graphics program like GIMP, it’s pretty easy to construct a personalized VASL board that you could use.

I could do that for you pretty quick if you wanted. Need to check that I have access to ovrFT17. Also need to know where the logo is.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It’s not in the Overlay extension. I don’t have FT7. Is that from an LFT product? If so I’m pretty sure they have their own VASL guy.

If you’re familiar with a raster graphics program like GIMP, it’s pretty easy to construct a personalized VASL board that you could use.

I could do that for you pretty quick if you wanted. Need to check that I have access to ovrFT17. Also need to know where the logo is.
It is an LFT product, and the LFT overlays can be downloaded from VASL.org
The overlay is FT07 and it's pretty easy to figure out where it goes, because the roads line up.

Robertleclerc

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks to all. I guess the first issue is that the scenario is calling for FT7 when in fact it should be FT07. It would certainly be good to have all the Franc Tireur overlays in the extension; hopefully one day.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to all. I guess the first issue is that the scenario is calling for FT7 when in fact it should be FT07. It would certainly be good to have all the Franc Tireur overlays in the extension; hopefully one day.
I can do that if I have permission from the LFT powers that be.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is an LFT product, and the LFT overlays can be downloaded from VASL.org
The overlay is FT07 and it's pretty easy to figure out where it goes, because the roads line up.
I've got the overlay. Working on a board for you. Should have it by the weekend.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's the modified board. Unzip and place the bdFT237 file into your VASL boards folder.

The LOS engine nor terrain transforms will work on it. You can still string LOS. The overlay hex grid didn't quite match up with the bd35 hexgrid. I cleaned it up as best I could.

Attachments

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@Xavier 658
Thanks. I'm starting work on this now.
I'd like to add the LFT logo to the VASL version of the FT07 overlay to eliminate future confusion. What logo should I use?