Out of Contact

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to let you guys know I will be out fo contact from early Sunday 6/12/04 EST in the US until late Wednesday 6/16/04 EST due to work obligations.

And could someone tell me why the prick at the left is my new avatar?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
kdalton said:
And could someone tell me why the prick at the left is my new avatar?
Don posted an announcment on the new avatars here about a week ago. I've copied it below.

And if you want to change your avatar...

1. Go to your "User CP."
2. Click on "Avatars."
3. Select the avatar group you would like to view from the dropdown menu.
4. Select the proper avatar.

DonMaddox said:
As you may have noticed, there have been additional changes to the forum. There are other -- more significant -- changes that will be implemented within the next thirty days. Several of these changes will be among the most dramatic since Warfare HQ first debuted in 2001. We are not prepared to announce the extent of these changes at this time, but announcements will be made when we are confident all the pieces are in place.

To prepare for these design changes, we have been an will continue to make other, smaller changes to the setup of the forum. One of the first ones you will notice is the change to the avatars. Our enhanced avatars are more detailed and overall better quality, but all members will not be permitted to upload custom avatars. The reason for this is simple: we anticipate the forum to continue to grow at a brisk rate and the use of large numbers of custom avatars consumes additional bandwidth and storage space. We also want the Warfare HQ forum to remain professional looking and not a hodge-podge of miscellaneous graphics. Very senior members will be able to upload a custom image.

You will be able to select from among a large number of assorted avatars and there should be something to please everyone. This is only step one. More avatars will be added within a few weeks.

Please bear with us while we work our way through all these changes. We're confident that you will be more than satisfied with the final result!

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Out of Contact again

Hey Reepicheep, thanks for the tip. I am going out of town on vacation all next week after working like 120 hours over the last 10 days. If you need something from, I will answer when I return.

Thanks.

Hams

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well seeing as you appear to be touting for questions Ken, any news on the Rulebook reprint? It must be 3-4 months since it went to the printers?

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The massive rulebook proof was received back from the printers and is being reviewed to make sure everything stayed where it was supposed to be. The book was laid out using Quark 4X and We're all up to Quark 5-6X. SHOULDN'T have made much difference at all, but we've seen Quark do some funky things in the past, so we're reviewing it carefully to be sure.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Are there any changes in this version, or is it identical to the last print of the 2nd Edition?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Don Maddox said:
Are there any changes in this version, or is it identical to the last print of the 2nd Edition?
I believe Brian Youse said it was going to be identical.