Our country is so gaslighted that an explicit description of a rape by the President doesn't affect our view

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The moment the dressing-room door is closed, he lunges at me, pushes me against the wall, hitting my head quite badly, and puts his mouth against my lips. I am so shocked I shove him back and start laughing again. He seizes both my arms and pushes me up against the wall a second time, and, as I become aware of how large he is, he holds me against the wall with his shoulder and jams his hand under my coat dress and pulls down my tights.”

“I am astonished by what I’m about to write: I keep laughing. The next moment, still wearing correct business attire, shirt, tie, suit jacket, overcoat, he opens the overcoat, unzips his pants, and, forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me. It turns into a colossal struggle.”

https://politicalwire.com/2019/06/21/donald-trump-assaulted-me/

Maybe this person is lying. Why is she bringing it up? But on the other hand, all we say is business as usual from Trump, true or not.

But he certainly admitted as much to such behavior on the Hollywood Access tape and his own wife accused him of rape.

Thanks to our conservative Christian party, the nation's morals have gone in the toilet.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm afraid many politicians behave like that. It's just that now women feel more confident about coming out on these matters.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This morning, the same conclusions as mine are reached by another blogger:

This episode hasn’t gotten an awful lot of attention. This is the first I’ve written about it, for example. Why? I don’t think it has anything to do with media outlets not taking rape allegations seriously. The real answer is almost worse: (a) everybody just assumes the story is true and (b) everybody knows that it will have no effect on either Trump’s fans or his Republican Party colleagues. Trump will issue a pro forma denial; nobody will take it seriously; and that will be that. Just like the other 15 times.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/06/donald-trump-is-an-alleged-serial-sexual-assaulter/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+motherjones/feed+(Mother+Jones+Feed)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, absolutely true. Trump is loved because he's a rapist, not in spite of it.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on what is known about Trump, this story is likely true. And also true that his cult followers really don't care if it is and some actually will applaud. He's normalizing criminality day by day. It'll be hard, if not impossible, to reverse what he and his Presidency has done to this country.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Don't forget Spanky boasted that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and he would not lose any support.

Charles Manson must have regretted he did not wait a few years and run for the GoP.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A lot of Americans, esp. Trumpists, worship the idea of someone getting what they want, regardless of the destruction caused. This is Trump's appeal to the deplorables. The ends justify the means. Cheating others and gaining wealth at others cost, taking advantage of others, esp. those considered weaker, to satisfy oneself. All OK for Trumpists. He could rape someone at the corner of 5th and Broadway and his followers would still love him.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reading the above, I suppose for the Trump voter, it is a raw display of power and superiority... for the otherwise powerless, to endorse such a person.

A giant "F you" if you will.

That is what our nation is.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go over to the thread about possible Iran war and you can see someone post about how we need to brutalize the civilians if we ever go to war again. Its a symptom of the same impotent rage that gets people to vote for Trump. They vote for Trump to live vicariously through Trump's brutalizing others.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go over to the thread about possible Iran war and you can see someone post about how we need to brutalize the civilians if we ever go to war again. Its a symptom of the same impotent rage that gets people to vote for Trump. They vote for Trump to live vicariously through Trump's brutalizing others.
What is the "I could never vote for Hillary" Trump voter going to do in the upcoming election? What's the excuse?

In reality, the "never-Hillary" excuse was a fig leaf to cover up a desired vote for Trump vote in 2016.

They'll still vote for him in 2020. If there was any sort of decent fiscal management or respectable policy that was being run by the Republicans/Trump, I could get a shred of understanding.

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
What is the "I could never vote for Hillary" Trump voter going to do in the upcoming election? What's the excuse?

In reality, the "never-Hillary" excuse was a fig leaf to cover up a desired vote for Trump vote in 2016.

They'll still vote for him in 2020. If there was any sort of decent fiscal management or respectable policy that was being run by the Republicans/Trump, I could get a shred of understanding.
I didn't vote for Trump in any election and have voted against any candidate that supports him. I would never vote for Hillary. The beauty of a gratuitous assertion is it is unseated with any contra-factual observation. You guys can easily win this upcoming election but you're going to have to at least try a little introspection. Trump didn't win the election as much as you lost it. Traditional Democratic bastions--part of the so-called Blue Wall--defected to Trump. You sort that out and you probably win. You find a way to appeal to people like me, you probably win pretty big. -- jim

PS: Put Bernie up there and it will be never Bernie. You could run another Obama. I could get behind that if you have someone like him willing to put up with the crap it takes to win.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My New Deal Democrat father is already saying he can't vote for Biden because Biden voted for the Iraq War resolution. I told him I'd disown him if he didn't vote for whatever democrat won the party nomination. But it won't take much for Trump to win re-election.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My New Deal Democrat father is already saying he can't vote for Biden because Biden voted for the Iraq War resolution. I told him I'd disown him if he didn't vote for whatever democrat won the party nomination. But it won't take much for Trump to win re-election.
It won't take much at all. All the Democrats need to do is keep doing what they are doing and the probability will continue to rise. All you need now is a Bob Dole. -- jim

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It won't take much at all. All the Democrats need to do is keep doing what they are doing and the probability will continue to rise. All you need now is a Bob Dole. -- jim
Got one. Joe Biden.