Ottawa ASL Club - 22 January Meeting

ASL Wynn

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Fellow ASLers;

We'll have our next club ASL day at my place, the centre of the Canadian ASL universe, 87 Patterson Crescent in Carleton Place. I think all of you have directions, but if you need them just let me know.

I will be prepared to host with liquid refreshments (including beers) and munchies starting at 09:00 and continuing until whenever your dice wear out! Perhaps we could use this occasion to decide on a name for our club? As well, I have been told that we may have an opportunity to play at the new Canadian War Museum when it opens some time in the spring. I think that
would be a great opportunity to give ASL some visibility to potential players and I intend to hit up MMP (and others) to see if they would be willing to offer prizes to give away, perhaps ASLSKs.

Since our January meeting will be in the depths of an Ottawa winter, I suggest we focus on Snow/Ground Snow/Extreme Winter scenarios.

Here is a list of just a few of which I am aware:

The Finnish scenarios A10, The Borders are Burning, A11, Silent Death, A16, On the Borderline, A54, The Raate Road, ; Russian/German A26, Beachhead at Ozereyka Bay, A70, Wintergewitter, ; US/German A29, A meeting of Patrols,
A71, Patton's Prayers, US/Japanese (in the Aleutians!) A57 First Banzai, et cetera... I am sure there are many, many more!Personally I would like to play God of War, an eastern front combined arms clash during the winter of 1942 post-Stalingrad Operation Mars Russian offensive west of Moscow, from
the Dispatches from the Bunker ASL fanzine.

If any of you out-of-towners want to stay overnight I have room to put you up.

Pse let me know if you can make it so that we can arrange matches for everyone. My home phone number is (613) 253-8196, e-mail aslwynn@rogers.com.

Yours in ASL, Wynn