OtO - PT Mineroller

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a PT Mineroller used twice the normal MP to enter the mine hex, it must attempt mine clearance with a +2 DRM. What is meant by “normal MP”? The cost of entering the hex excluding any additional costs such as smoke or a vehicle wreck or must those be doubled also?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No expert but I would think it is the normal cost of terrain excluding artificial terrain due to B.2

B.2 COT: This term means "Cost of Terrain" and refers to the normal MF/MP cost for entrance of a hex plus the movement cost of any Artificial Terrain therein. Therefore, if Infantry

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Regrettably the OtO rules do not use the phrase "cost of terrain" or even the word "cost." It says, "If the PT used twice (or more, but less than all) the normal MP to enter the mine hex, it must attempt mine clearance with a DRM of +2."

JR

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a good one to clarify with the release of OtO2. No expert on what the original intent was on the part of HOB, but my interpretation would be the same as Vinnie's.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a good one to clarify with the release of OtO2. No expert on what the original intent was on the part of HOB, but my interpretation would be the same as Vinnie's.
I went back and looked at what we've rewritten around this section of the OtO rules (i.e., minerollers) and I think what we have will be a LOT clearer.