OtO Input

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

Several areas of this will be improved, counters refined, scenarios tweeked, etc, to make what was OtO better in our East Front project.

I am interested to hear what players may think should be refined in general for improvement.

Do we keep the Counterbattery stuff in? If so, do we modify it somehow?

I am thinking we do not include the historical notes as this would add to the cost??

Thanks much,
Chas

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Gents,

Several areas of this will be improved, counters refined, scenarios tweeked, etc, to make what was OtO better in our East Front project.

I am interested to hear what players may think should be refined in general for improvement.

Do we keep the Counterbattery stuff in? If so, do we modify it somehow?

I am thinking we do not include the historical notes as this would add to the cost??

Thanks much,
Chas
Put Historical notes on your website for those interested.

Some of the Bagration scenarios may be susceptible to a refuse, hunker down, static defence, perhaps look at tweaking a few of these.

Will happily identify which off or on line, when I sit down and review

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas;

I'd like to see the counters more closely match the Russian brown...the originals were too yellow. Looking forward to the expanded re-release.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Chas;

I'd like to see the counters more closely match the Russian brown...the originals were too yellow. Looking forward to the expanded re-release.

Semper Fi!
Scott
My AH/MMP Soviet counters vary from orangish tan to chocolate türd brown, so I am not too worried.

roblinx

Reaction score
chocolate türd brown
Ha. Definitely adding that to my vocabulary. ;-)

The OtO Russians were a little similar to the Japanese, at casual glance. Problematic? Not terribly. Just a minor complaint in an otherwise awesome module!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
As a recent purchaser of OtO (a year ago, still thrilled it's being re-released and no regrets for what I spent on it, BTW), the things that I would see "improved" on a re-release are:

- Historical Notes could be left out or added to website when re-released. They're only interesting to some and probably not worth their cost if you're asking.
- The current BFP standard for counters is great, if OtO's counters can be upgraded to that they'll be lovely
- I've played three scenarios, haven't played the CG. From the scenarios, the only thing that I can think of being a problem was that in Down in a Hole, the bombardment went edge-of-the-bell-curve well and my opponent never had a chance due to most of his OB being smashed. The dice were ludicrous, but that scenario may be a little small for a conventional bombardment. Some SSR fudge to pull it back might be helpful.
- The counterbattery stuff...I haven't played it. The idea certainly is interesting.

On the whole, some of the best money I've spent on ASL (and it weren't cheap)

S

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The counters will of course be of the BFP layout.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I liked the historical notes. Put 'em on the website.... Those who are interested can read and print them it they don't already own them.

Barryrk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree. I already own OtO and have the notes. To keep costs lower, put them on the website. New-style BFP counters:cool:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another vote to exclude the historical notes to save on cost. Putting them on the website is a great idea.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anther vote to exclude the historical notes to reduce costs.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
In this day & age I don't think a small outfit like BFP can afford to put in the historical notes and expect folks to pay more for a product when they can make those same notes available for not additional cost via a web page.

JMMHO, as always.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
In this day & age I don't think a small outfit like BFP can afford to put in the historical notes and expect folks to pay more for a product when they can make those same notes available for not additional cost via a web page.

JMMHO, as always.
I'd agree for most small outfits, but think BFP's goodwill is high enough that most of us will pay what they ask until further notice.

EDIT: Of course, it should be noted that that's certainly partly because they've asked these questions and thought about these issues...

S

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If you are taking about leaving out pages OTO 34 to OTO 50, then I don't have a problem with that. Don't get rid of the vehicle notes though.

I have no problem with the additional (presumably small €1/2) cost of including them either.

The CB rule is elegant and simple, might as well leave it in.

Last edited:

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
The pack will be already really big... left out the historical note as one interested in them surely have already some book about that campaign!

Save cost, save space. :-D

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Don't get rid of the vehicle notes though.
Those are an important addition to the body of documentation required to play the game.

All Chap H and rules pages needed to play scenarios or CG need to be included as that is what folks are paying for?

Just to throw the possiblity out there....would it be practical to have different versions of the physical game available.....for instance, just counters and map, with rules/Chap H pages available in something like PDF form for download? Not sure how that would play out, but just to throw it on the table for consideration.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Those are an important addition to the body of documentation required to play the game.

All Chap H and rules pages needed to play scenarios or CG need to be included as that is what folks are paying for?

Just to throw the possiblity out there....would it be practical to have different versions of the physical game available.....for instance, just counters and map, with rules/Chap H pages available in something like PDF form for download? Not sure how that would play out, but just to throw it on the table for consideration.
Heretic! Thinking outside of the box. You should be chained to a fence post in Psycho's front yard, and forced to endure countless hours of him reading to you from his book of trailer park poetry. Such classics as "Edna, my sister, my wife"..."Nothing beats home-cooked roadkill"..."My pickup truck has a Radio"...and of course, "City boy, I'm Gonna Git my Gun".
That will teach you to come up with any more of these type of thoughts.
I am not sure if there would be any cost differences in having different "sets"...but where I would see major issues arising would be in who ordered what...having multiple options leads to the possibility of multiple errors...at least that is my experience in dealing with human beings. :)