OtO grain/shellhole hex

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the MF cost for infantry to enter an OtO grain/shellhole combined terrain hex, if not entering the shellholes? 1 or 1.5 MF?

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the link, Robin. However, A quick scan of those messages shows that it is not dealing with quite the same situation. That debate appears to be about shellholes created during play. I ma asking about the shellholes depicted in a grain hex on the Onslaught To Orsha mapboard. L6 of the OtO map, for example.

The answer to the question probably should be the same, but could be different depending on the designer's intent.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Some years ago, before had access to the net, I asked MMP (or was it AH?) a "written on paper" question about shellholes in other terrain as OG.
I remember the answer was the other terrain still existed (i.e. grain will go on being a hindrance).
Now, I don't remember the MF part of the answer.
If one is a "rule lawyer" one must stick to the 1MF/2MF entry choice, whatever the terrain.
And as the rules don't say that the shellholes make the other terrain disappear, one applies the other terrain's rules (excepted the MF cost that is precised in the shellhole rules).
Note that if the other terrain remains, a Flame (and a Blaze) can be created in the hex - that is when the 150+ OBA creates a shellhole with a KIA (there is a reasonable possibility of fire beginning in the hex too).

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stick with 1.5 to enter the grain and 2.5 to enter both the grain and the shellhole.