OtO 2 Player Aid

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

Looking for some feedback on this. I do understand that it may not have had a lot of use yet, but the feedback is important.
Primarily because we are looking to develop more of this type of stuff with themed projects, and want to ensure we are providing value to players.

Thanks much,
Chas

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas,

During the past week or two, I have taken a break from Korea and have been (solo) playing OtO2 exclusively. I've been really enjoying 'Funnel of Death', and I'm in the middle of 'Another Bloody Morning'. I admit to having initially been a bit intimidated by the plethora of new weapons and rules, however the OtO2 Player Aid has made the adjustment very smooth and painless for me. I especially appreciate the sections on the PT Mine Roller Tanks and the various Russian aircraft weapons systems. While using this player aid, I was amazed at how easy it was to grasp the procedure for employing the PT-34's effectively (very quickly becoming one of my all time favorite ASL vehicles).

I also appreciated the separate tables for strafing and point attack procedures for both German and Soviet aircraft. It's a shame that so many players seem to be intimidated by Air Support in ASL, as it is one of my favorite aspects of the game. I think if more players gave OtO2 and this useful player aid a try, they might change their mind.
The concise inclusion of the Historical Battle Rules on one side of the player aid was also a wise decision.

BTW, 'Funnel of Death' was stunning... 5 OBA modules (!) with 4 in play on the board all at once! Seemed like a 'Flying Turrets' for artillery. This module must have been a gas to play test!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Appreciate the feedback.
I played Funnel of Death several times during testing, and really enjoyed the PTing overall. Some of that was due to the people I got to ftf in the process.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just looked over the player aid and I must say it is very clearly laid out and full of useful info. It will come in very handy.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have the origional OTO ,but this player aid seems interesting.............do you have an online version of the playeraid

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No.
And the Player Aid would not really be valuable if you only have the HoB OtO.