OT - Who else publishes war games similar to MMP?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You are asking on the Harley page who puts out a good Honda. Just saying :)
From my experience Honda put out excellent Honda motorcycles. Really enjoyed the ones I had. If I didn't think it was tantamount to suicide to ride these days I would love to have my 450 Honda again. 🥰

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Bobby Darin once asked Louie Armstrong, if he minded Darin singing 'Mack the Knife'. Armstrong answered "A lotta cats copy the Mona Lisa,
but people still line up to see the original!".
MMP games are that good eh? Must admit they do strike me as a cut above the rest too.

Honvik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
For tactical you do have Flying Pig Games and Lock N Load Publishing!

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my opinion, MMP and GMT are the game publishers who consistently produce the best games.

GMT publish really excellent games and in great variety.
And their shipping costs are much more friendly fir European customers.
Why are you even wondering if publishers other than MMP publish excellent games?
You seem to be very ignorant about the board wargame world.

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That BGG list just shows how 'skewed' BGG's readership is into 'easy' games that play fast/loose on the history, and not your typical 'hardcore' wargames. Only a couple on that list would fit that bill. That 'Paths of Glory' is so high on that list is laughable, given the fast & loose take it has on WWI, and near inability to recreate the actual conflict. Twilight Struggle is a Euro-hybrid...as is Maria.

Not that some of these aren't great GAMES, however BGG falls WELL into the 'game' over 'simulation', so please take that listing with a copious amount of salt.