OT - OCS Awakening Of Spring Campaign

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
This is off topic - just a quick question about an apparent new OCS release which was mentioned about 6 months ago. I can't find it on the MMP website under products or pre-orders.

It was based on the Awakening Of Spring offensive in Hungary '45. Question is: is it going to happen? Will it be released at some point?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Interesting. The thing is the game I saw advertised concentrated on the Hungarian battles after Budapest and not before. Maybe there are two different games?

Randy Strader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, ok. Yeah, I have followed OCS on CSW quite closely for the past couple of years and have not seen reference to any post-Budapest stuff.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Ah, ok. Yeah, I have followed OCS on CSW quite closely for the past couple of years and have not seen reference to any post-Budapest stuff.
Okay....thanks. I'm wondering what on earth it was that I saw advertised back then. It was in a MMP news letter.

Tysken

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This is off topic - just a quick question about an apparent new OCS release which was mentioned about 6 months ago. I can't find it on the MMP website under products or pre-orders.

It was based on the Awakening Of Spring offensive in Hungary '45. Question is: is it going to happen? Will it be released at some point?
Just currious, are you playing OCS? I realize a lot of the OCS/ASL games go hand in hand. Myself started playing OCS last year - but I have not seen any community for OCS as close in activity as this forum for ASL. On the other hand I also realize that many of us were already around in the good old ASLML days - so it may take time ....

//Tysken

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
At the moment I'm only collecting a few of the modules. Got about 4 at the moment.

Tysken

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
At the moment I'm only collecting a few of the modules. Got about 4 at the moment.
In case you get interested in a game - drop me a Line. I got some games under my belt, a Swedish player (I bought Baltic Gap from) agreed on playing/teaching OCS - started with 3 games of Chir River Battles different sides/SP level and now up into Operation Exporter from Reluctant Enemies. Through a local game store, Ebay and other sites offering 2nd hand games I got more or less the modules I own now. I am still looking for Sicily Triumph & Folly. (Korea I have located but not bought) . In terms of email it is more simple to play compared to ASL (complexity in movement phase is reduced).
In any case good luck in your collection and good to hear that more gamers are interested in OCS.

//Tysken

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Found the game I saw advertised all those years ago. It is Panzers Last Stand, a BCS game on pre-order now. Mystery solved.