OS-16 - Sappers as Infantry VC

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The VC for OS-16 require the US to control 8 buildings. The German setup is restricted to hexrow 49, allowing the US grab at least 8 building hexes on turn 1, and forcing the Germans to counter attack with an inferior force.

Should the VC read "The Germans win at end game by Controlling >= 8 building/rubble hexes in the German setup area."?

Or am I completely missing something.

-Sully

Last edited:

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Assuming you have the correct scenario title, it is scenario OS-16. My card states the German setup parameters as "Set up in hexes numbered >=49"..... not 42.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
OS-13 The Route

OS-16 Sappers as Infantry: The Germans win by controlling 8 >= buildings/rubble hexes.

Last edited:

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I completely screwed up the post. I fixed it. (Can't seem to fix the title). It's OS-16 Sappers as Infantry. Germans setup >= hexrow 49; US enters on west edge, which is hexrow 42.

Anyway, the question still stands. There are 15 buildings between the west edge (US entry) and the German setup. Because LOS is restricted to the US entry hexes in the town the US can easily grab 8 or 9 buildings on turn one, and more on turn two, forcing the Germans to counter attack.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are reading the MISSION incorrectly. Does not necessarily require the US to Control 8 buildings. There is no issue with setup/MISSION.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Again the Germans win by controlling >= 8, not the US.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How did the scenario play out for you?

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're just a turn into it, but so far so good. Obviously I had the VC backwards in me brain, sorry for the confusion.