Orsogna Project

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are asking about your experiment on Orchards, Woods and Brush, I would vote in each case "use standard artwork."

Your gully color (not the pattern / artwork) is a little too light it gets lost in hexes like CC16 the colors are too similar, and under some lighting might even wash out.

Within the village your hex grid number needs to go to white letters and numbers you cannot read the grid easily. Also there are some very annoying shoot throughs since your house art sometimes does not hit the center dot and this allows what is seemingly ahistorical lines of fire for what I imagine is a tightly packed village.

One assume the rule booklet would have a rule about brush-road.

Please see these as constructive observations. The overall feel of the map is good.
There is no need to include a rule for a road in a hex containing brush. B3.3 covers this aspect quite well along with the rule for Brush (B12).

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Shadows make getting LOS correct very hard for 77 year old eyes.
Stop using shadows, the sun rises and set differently... do we rotate the map for time of day?

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Shadows make getting LOS correct very hard for 77 year old eyes.
Stop using shadows, the sun rises and set differently... do we rotate the map for time of day?
I love the maps…. And I love the maps made by the French players, but this is personal taste.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Within the village your hex grid number needs to go to white letters and numbers you cannot read the grid easily. Also there are some very annoying shoot throughs since your house art sometimes does not hit the center dot and this allows what is seemingly ahistorical lines of fire for what I imagine is a tightly packed village.
You have not played on the SK maps I see.
NP with the center dots not hitting a building. "Ahistorical" ?? meh. It's a map that isn't precisely (nor should it be) of the region.

Agree on the White numbering.
Orchards look like misprints.
I think some CH or other 3rd party orchards work just fine... Kinda never liked the AH/MMP style...it seemed to confuse more players.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Q: Does EE7 have LOS to EE6? Right now, I have to say no.
Please be consistent with this.
Make a BIG CURVE to avoid players reading into what isn't there or shouldn't be there.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Q: Does EE7 have LOS to EE6? Right now, I have to say no.
Please be consistent with this.
Make a BIG CURVE to avoid players reading into what isn't there or shouldn't be there.
There is always a LOS between two connnected gully/stream adjacent hexes

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It appears that Ritterkrieg/Gamer's Armory/Second Chance are now taking preorders?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
How many counters does it come with?

Ritter says 500
Box says 2 sheets of 130....

Where am I missing the other 270 counters?

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
My favorite part of that image is the dm MTR. The one support weapon counter I run out of is dm counters for light mortars.