The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Update? That was an "update"?

If that qualifies as an "update" then I must say expectations have drop to an all time LOW level.
Hey Tate, stop your anti-MMP (and pro-CH) trash talk!!!! :clown:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now now, Robin, don't confuse the Tater with Mr. Portal. :cool:

Having said that, Tater does have a point....

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I got "back" from Origins (it is local to me). Few Returned debuted at Origins and lots of people seem to have got copies (some sales, some picking up pre-orders). One guy bought three copies. I knew there was something about him I liked.

The first non-playtest playing of a published Few Returned scenario was "Village of the Damned," which featured a Soviet win.

I manned the "ASL hospitality table" in the War Room all day long on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, teaching the ASLSK to all comers, giving SK players a game if they wanted one, and giving full ASL players a game if they wanted one too. I also brought my complete kit, as well as multiple copies of the SK (as did Roy Bartoo) so that people could use our stuff to play each other, which they did, though there were not as many pickup games as last year, for some reason.

I played 4 scenarios on Thursday, 3 on Friday, and 3 on Saturday. About equally divided between ASLSK and ASL. Pretty much all of them were against newbies or inexperienced players. Roy Bartoo donated a 1st edition ASLRB for me to give to someone who seemed to have "caught the bug," which I did.

I had a number of people ask if they could buy the Scenario Designers Guide from me, but I didn't think I would be allowed to sell things in the War Room by Origins rules, so I didn't bring copies for sale with me.

Perry and a bunch of Gamers guys (Dean Essig et al ) were there to represent MMP. CH did not show up, as they have pretty much given up at Origins (understandable, since GAMA, which runs Origins, really sticks it to vendors).

Full ASL scenarios included a tiny scenario from Paul Kenny's Budapest pack, which raised the question of what that grey blob is in the middle of the FE2 hill, and also how to deal with the crest line that goes out beyond the hexspine into the adjacent building hex.

Also included a small British vs. German scenario (with flamethrowing tanks) from George Kelln's To Battle By Air, in which he seems to have gotten the map area incorrectly labeled (at least, it is incompatible with setup), and also had the Germans setting up first, even though all their units enter from off board. Surely both of these mistakes would have been revealed on the first playtest? However, it was an interesting scenario that I would probably play again.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and it was nice to see my "baby," Few Returned, being born. I was even asked to sign a couple of copies! Now let's just hope they like it!

Last edited:

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Way to go Pit

Congrats on the release.:banana: :broccoli: :bandrum: :coolban: :devil: :toast:

I can not wait to get my hands on my pre order copy which I hope is soon.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats on the release.:banana: :broccoli: :bandrum: :coolban: :devil: :toast:

I can not wait to get my hands on my pre order copy which I hope is soon.
I really like the new artwork on the boards, by the way. I can never remember which is 42 and which is 43, but the woods/village board is very nice (the other board looks much the same). The most striking difference is in board 24, where the "valley" is a much, much more pleasing shade of green than the shock-green of the original artwork.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Few Returned" has been released!

Where's my copy?:blab: Why didn't they mail mine out first?:eek:

This is taking to LOOONG!:cry:

Just kidding!;)

I can't wait to get my hands on those scenerio's of Mark's AND those maps.

Had the guys down to my house yesterday for the first time. Seems like every scenerio we wanted to play was on either board 42 or 43 which I don't have.:upset:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and it was nice to see my "baby," Few Returned, being born. I was even asked to sign a couple of copies! Now let's just hope they like it!
Good news for us :)
In IT-ASL-IA 2008 we'll use at least 2 or 3 scenarios from FR.
Sadly for IT-ASL-IA 2007 (not having any guarantee by MMP on the realase date) we had to find something else for the round called "Italians!". Our choices for this year are good (VV13, HP 33,HP 34) , but next year should be more easy pick the needed scenarios featuring Italians.

I'm happy also because the winner of the European VASLeague 2007 should get his physical prize just after the end of the 5th round (31 October), being the not-physical prize the promotion in the TOP VASLeague :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thank you, Mark, for the input.

mallexen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those who already have Few Returned, did MMP carry on the tradition and print the board numbers on boards 42 and 43 sideways?
:)

See ya,
Mike

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats Pitman, Thanks for adding to a game we all like soo much. And knowing you only from the forums , i still know you enough to know this module is going to be great and well liked. Keep it up i want to see the "partisan" project of yours by next year Origins.