Origins Update from MMP

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Richard, here's Brian's reply to your question:

{Chas} A question arose over on the Forums about those who may have pre-paid for a pre-order (presumably with a check or money order): will they be required to send in more money?

(Brian Youse) Probably not, depends on the situation. If he's in the US almost certainly not. If he's in Somewhereistan and ordered surface mail then its a different situation.

They should email me at info@multimanpublishing.com to figure out what's up (with a subject of something like (PREORDER SHIPPING CONCERN) so I don't miss it.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two things:

Everything I've ever gotten from MMP came through UPS, not the post office. Is this about to change?

I'm pretty sure MMP does not charge our cards until the item ships, so we probably would not have noticed the increased shipping anyway.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC MMP mails things like magazines via the USPS, so I would suspect they might do an Action Pack (which is similar in size and shape to a magazine) that way as well.But that is a guess on my part, not a fact.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC MMP mails things like magazines via the USPS, so I would suspect they might do an Action Pack (which is similar in size and shape to a magazine) that way as well.But that is a guess on my part, not a fact.
Now that you say that, I can remember getting, "smaller", things through the mail.

Thanks for the near instant answer.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the info although I am sorry to see the demise of surface shipping I can see the reasons.
It does make thing for me much more expensive. Although the strong pouind does help, for those of us who are not in a tearing hurry it is going to add a few pounds.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm surprised people still trust USPS International Surface Mail. I've had nothing but nightmares with it for the past number of years from a variety of U.S. companies.

Won't be missed at all here. USPS Airmail and Priority work fine though.

Last edited:

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seemed like a joke to me especially since you stated it in the post. Don't know why they're giving you crap for it. :nuts:
Yeah sometimes even after u apologize and quiet up, then others who's perspective is different twist or use your comments to show their "loyalty"

I know many have said things like, well if u complain u know nothing of this industry and u should expect delays, but i will certainly not withhold comment out of courtesy or loyalty. Yes I appreciate when the grocery store has a sale on chicken or makes my favorite cookies available on the shelf again but i dont stop complaining about the crowded aisles or long lines at the register, that is my right and duty to complain as an american, and anyone who tells me i cant is a nazi.

Its all relative and when i say 1 thing criticizing about something it doesnt mean i dont appreciate Anything about that particular thing. So please lighten up "Paladin's" of MMP.

Last edited:

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the info although I am sorry to see the demise of surface shipping I can see the reasons.
It does make thing for me much more expensive. Although the strong pouind does help, for those of us who are not in a tearing hurry it is going to add a few pounds.
Not our choice. USPS decided to eliminate it for the rest of the world.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas, tell brian dont trash the bad maps with just a 3" line on them, sell them for 1$ instead :rolleyes:
Bad idea...that could cut into sells of the corrected board at full price. At the least I wouldn't sell any of the defects until I had fulfilled the market demand for the full (and correct) packs.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Bad idea...that could cut into sells of the corrected board at full price. At the least I wouldn't sell any of the defects until I had fulfilled the market demand for the full (and correct) packs.
Ditto, and I even would not sell the defect boards, as the printer could then refuse to pay himself for the printing error (as MMP would still make bucks with the defective boards)...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ditto, and I even would not sell the defect boards, as the printer could then refuse to pay himself for the printing error (as MMP would still make bucks with the defective boards)...
Good point. Maybe you are ready to move to the outskirts of Moronville? :p

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm surprised people still trust USPS International Surface Mail. I've had nothing but nightmares with it for the past number of years from a variety of U.S. companies.

Won't be missed at all here. USPS Airmail and Priority work fine though.
It's not USPS that is the problem it's Canadian Customs. They seem to want to open every package. If it's not Airmail it sits and wait for the next available dogsled. Kind of like trying to get an MRI in Canada. Wait ,wait wait.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes if i were being serious this would be true gratuitous bashing, but note my words in my post "joking" "sarcastically" But i am guilty of fanning the flames on this one Mark and i apologize for that. And believe me i do appreciate all that MMP and people like u have done for this game. I just dont believe very much of what is said on these forums is taken seriously by any at MMP so i went ahead and made that post anyway sorry if it offended.
Pitman has a personal stake in "Few Returned" since it is his baby. I think he's the only one who coudn't see the humor. Mark this stuff is why your leading the Miss Congeniality vote. "Lighten up Frances.":clown:

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
Pitman has a personal stake in "Few Returned" since it is his baby. I think he's the only one who coudn't see the humor. Mark this stuff is why your leading the Miss Congeniality vote. "Lighten up Frances.":clown:
I was trying to be nice and not say it, but....Ditto that.

- Josh

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I find the lack of any news regarding VotG very disconcerting. I was hopeful that it would be out now but obviously something has gone wrong somewhere along the line. Here's hoping whatever it was is fixed soon. :)

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bryan,

But are you really surprised though? :)

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Further update from Brian Y on July 3:

Alright, the office just called.

We'll have Red Star Rising and Action Pack #3: Few Returned at Origins when the doors open to the vendor area. Hopefully enough were sent for preorder pickup and sales at the show.

Talavera is there, but you can not pickup your preorder at the show! as they are in the process of being shipped.

Happy 4th of July, folks.