Organising PDF copies of Scenarios

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone recommend a program to put scenarios in some from of order other than in folders?

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, sorry. I have my scenario scans/PDFs in folders by ID type (e.g., #, A, ABTF, G, KGP), and I have a spreadsheet with their IDs, names, dates, ROAR record, and whether or not I've played it. The only program I have is a Python program to fetch and parse the ROAR results.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
I use the ASL Scenario Archive Listings of the scenario's I own, (Currently 6287). By Publisher, then by Module/Pack.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use the scenario archive to look around. I was thinking something along the line of organising by campaign etc….

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use the scenario archive to look around. I was thinking something along the line of organising by campaign etc….
Keith,
I went down the organize by chronological order path many years ago. Down that path lies madness. Alphabetical by product name works best, in folders.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What works best for me is a browser interface, using simple html, that links to all my scenarios, which are all in one folder with file names using the scenario alphanumeric number. The first image is the list of my AH/MMP products, the second is a snippet of one product with the scenario listing and some basic information about the scenario. The little flag next to "To The Square" is a link to Q&A/Errata for that scenario.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WOW! I like it but no way would I redo the 1,000's of scenarios in my file.

If I get stuck trying to find a scenario, I just look up my excel file and it tells me what product that scenario is located in plus the same excel file has listed all of the scenario information.

buser333

Reaction score
WOW! I like it but no way would I redo the 1,000's of scenarios in my file.

If I get stuck trying to find a scenario, I just look up my excel file and it tells me what product that scenario is located in plus the same excel file has listed all of the scenario information.
Your CoW is the bomb. Can we expect a new one any time soon? Last one I know of being available is from 2020 or so.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your CoW is the bomb. Can we expect a new one any time soon? Last one I know of being available is from 2020 or so.
I don't think so. I truly get so little response from it that it became a chore, a very bad chore. 😢

buser333

Reaction score
I don't think so. I truly get so little response from it that it became a chore, a very bad chore. 😢
Well know that at least one person out there truly appreciated your efforts 😃, but I realize it's an awful lot of work, as I try to maintain my own records as best I can using your model as my basis.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Same with the Armory, only a small handful seem to use it. 😟

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was essential to me when I was looking for Deluxe ASL scenarios. Thanks for the hard work!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I for one number myself among the few as I have used both numerous times for various reasons and really appreciate the efforts of you that have put these together.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This has raised an idea for me. Given I use an electronic RB, almost exclusively and store my scenarios scanned on my hard drive, should I try to hyperlink to them in the RB?
Storing them with the RB is a no go, not enough space where it is kept....

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This has raised an idea for me. Given I use an electronic RB, almost exclusively and store my scenarios scanned on my hard drive, should I try to hyperlink to them in the RB?
Storing them with the RB is a no go, not enough space where it is kept....
Not sure what the format is with your rulebook, but my e-rulebook is html, and I have links to both the MMP as well as TPP scenario listings, as shown previously. I just put the links at the top of the Table of Contents along with other "reference" type content. The hyperlink just opens up a new tab with the scenario listings as shown previously in this thread.